Jump to solution

Ignite TV App adds all subscribed channels

Zeph
Grasshopper

It's been confirmed via my chat with tech support, that for Shaw/Rogers customers who have Ignite TV that you can now view all of your subscribed channels via the Ignite TV App.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

I just noticed that you need to be connected to your home...

rstra
Grand Master

@Zeph  I just noticed that you need to be connected to your home internet to get all of the channels, we are still limited to the “out of home channels” when we are away. I can still use my FireTV for recordings when I am travelling, but unfortunately we still don’t  have access to all channels. 

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Jump to solution

That’s great. Now if they would let us set recording, I c...

rstra
Grand Master

@Zeph That’s great. Now if they would let us set recording, I could get rid of the boxes and just use my FireTV sticks.  Thanks for the update. 

Jump to solution

Just checked, all channels aren’t available on the FireTV...

rstra
Grand Master

@Zeph  Just checked, all channels aren’t available on the FireTV, hopefully it gets updated soon.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Correction again…I signed out and signed back in and all...

rstra
Grand Master

@Zeph Correction again…I signed out and signed back in and all the channels show up now on the fire stick.

Jump to solution

I just noticed that you need to be connected to your home...

rstra
Grand Master

@Zeph  I just noticed that you need to be connected to your home internet to get all of the channels, we are still limited to the “out of home channels” when we are away. I can still use my FireTV for recordings when I am travelling, but unfortunately we still don’t  have access to all channels. 

Jump to solution

You're correct, and I was not aware of that. I just tried...

Zeph
Grasshopper

@rstra You're correct, and I was not aware of that. I just tried to view some channels from another connection and was unsuccessful. If you scroll down, you'll see the channels that are available to watch from any connection listed as 'To Go' channels, but when trying to view a channel that isn't 'To Go', it mentions to connect to in-home WiFi, and if you click on 'Why?' it reads 'Due to licensing agreements, some content can only be viewed on your home WiFi.', to which I was not aware about. That's unfortunate, as I assumed that all subscribed channels were available to watch online.

Jump to solution

This total BS. Shaw provided all channels everywhere. We...

sgldda
Grasshopper

This total BS. Shaw provided all channels everywhere. We deserve better. Rogers, we are getting tired of your treatment and close to moving on!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi  , I'm sorry but you are incorrect on that statement....

g-idk
Master

Hi @sgldda , I'm sorry but you are incorrect on that statement.  When it was Shaw we did not have access to any american channels via the app or certain specialty channels, and you can only watch while you are in Canada, not everywhere.  Now with Rogers they have provided the american and specialty channels to you via the app while you are connected to your home services, so for example you are in the bedroom and want to watch tv on the app, those american and specialty channels however are still not available if you are not at home due to strict license contracts the individual stations impose.  Also since Rogers has taken over you now have the ability to record a program remotely via the app where with Shaw you could not.  And yes you are still restricted to only use the service in Canada, again due to strict license agreements.  So not sure what point you were trying to make on this subject.  

Jump to solution

Your apology does not change the fact that I believe I wa...

sgldda
Grasshopper

Your apology does not change the fact that I believe I was able to view more channels prior to Ignite replacing the Shaw service while connected to external wifi networks within Canada. The service is definitely more limited for MY subscribed channels than previously. Also, while on my home network I am missing a few of my subscribed channels using a laptop. It is what it is.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

, Ok that's cool, everyone is entitled to their own opini...

g-idk
Master

@sgldda , Ok that's cool, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, factual or not.  Have you contacted Rogers/Shaw about those missing channels, you are entitled to receive all offered services, you pay enough for the service and you should get what you pay for. I'm a little confused what apology?  I don't work for Rogers/Shaw.  That was just a polite way of introducing a delicate subject, that was for sure to receive a mixed response.  I have been a customer of Shaw for over 20 years in the same place and quite familiar with their offerings.  There was no intent of ruffling feathers, I was just pointing out facts as to my knowledge so people have 2 points of view on the subject that you raised, that's all.  Wishing you well.