Jump to solution

Ignite TV, Logitech, and Universal Remotes

BrianH5
Grasshopper

I have a 2-year old Logitech Harmony Hub remote to handle the audio/stero-equipment, plus streaming, etc. that we have.  Today Rogers upgraded my equipment to Ignite TV equipment and now my remote no longer works on all of my equipment and I get that..  As I understand it, Logitech no longer supports it older remote products either, including the Harmony Hub.  It is has been suggested to me that to get better universal equipment coverage, particularly with voice and the older Harmony Hub system that I could migrate to Amazon Fire TV Cube.  My question  to Rogers and the community is, does anyone know if the Rogers Ignite TV works well with the Fire TV Cube?  If not, what else might be recoommended as a replacement to my Logitech.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Thanks very much for the advice!    No need then for Fire...

BrianH5
Grasshopper

Thanks very much for the advice!    No need then for Fire TV as it was only intended to overcome the issues I saw with using Hub with Ignite.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jump to solution

You can program the Harmony to work with Ignite, I use it...

rstra
Grand Master

@BrianH5  You can program the Harmony to work with Ignite, I use it and it works fine. For the hardware, select Xfinity or see is Shaw is still listed.

Not sure what you want FireTV and Ignite to do together. The FireTV has the Ignite app, but doesn’t have all the channels and you can’t set recordings.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks very much for the advice!    No need then for Fire...

BrianH5
Grasshopper

Thanks very much for the advice!    No need then for Fire TV as it was only intended to overcome the issues I saw with using Hub with Ignite.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help