Jump to solution

Ignite TV (player and app) not displaying Logos or Artwork

JeffGWpg
Grasshopper

I have an interesting issue that just started happening the other day. I have had Bluecurve / Ignite TV for about a year and it's been working without issue (other than some audio sync issues which seem to have resolved themselves).

A couple nights ago I opened the guide on one of my players and noticed that the logos were all missing. All I can see is the channel call names which is useless as they mostly don't fit in the space. I also noticed that the image of the currently playing program that shows up on the bottom left when the guide is open was just a grey box. More digging and eventually you see that no "artwork" shows up anywhere. Also gone are the search and settings icons from the "Shaw" menu.

I tried restarting the box, still borked. I did the system refresh, still borked. All 5 of my players exhibit the same issue. Then I noticed on the Ignite TV app on my phone, same issue - all the artwork is missing. No pictures for anything and no logos on the channel list.

Yesterday I chatted with support and they tried a bunch of things on their side but still no fix. Eventually support person suggested I try Ignite TV on my phone using carrier data. Bingo! That works. So now we've narrowed down the problem to something local.

Here's the troublesome part. My modem is in bridge mode. I have numerous access points in my house and my players all connect to the access points with custom SSID and not the modem. Support wants me to unbridge the modem. I can do that temporarily and my inside network will just route via the modem's private IP but I *will* get a new public IP. If this fixes the issue, I believe this will point to a block on my current IP with some sort of content delivery network that provides the artwork. Everything else works fine - live TV plays, recordings play, Ignite TV app plays, it's just the artwork and logos that are borked.

Has anyone else noticed this and to the gurus that monitor this forum, does my theory make any sense? 

No logos on left, image of current show missingNo logos on left, image of current show missingNote: Missing search and settings iconsNote: Missing search and settings iconsNo artwork whatsoeverNo artwork whatsoeverArtwork missingArtwork missing

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

OK I figured it out. It was.... DNS! Go figure. Really st...

JeffGWpg
Grasshopper

OK I figured it out. It was....

DNS!

Go figure. Really strange that this just popped up as I have not made any DNS changes nor have there been any updates to bind on my system. I run a Linux server as my gateway and use a local bind server for DNS that forwards requests to the root servers. Once I changed it so that it forwards requests to Google DNS servers (8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4) everything started to work again.

I should have known! It's ALWAYS DNS!!! 🤣

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jump to solution

OK I figured it out. It was.... DNS! Go figure. Really st...

JeffGWpg
Grasshopper

OK I figured it out. It was....

DNS!

Go figure. Really strange that this just popped up as I have not made any DNS changes nor have there been any updates to bind on my system. I run a Linux server as my gateway and use a local bind server for DNS that forwards requests to the root servers. Once I changed it so that it forwards requests to Google DNS servers (8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4) everything started to work again.

I should have known! It's ALWAYS DNS!!! 🤣

Jump to solution

Good catch.

rstra
Grand Master

@JeffGWpg  Good catch. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help