-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where o...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@FamilyP -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where one can post their "gripes".

This forum is not a direct path to Shaw Support.

I recommend that you contact Shaw (currently, online chat is given priority over telephone) and get them to trouble-shoot. After all, you are paying them over $1000/year for Internet service -- make them "earn" some of that money.  ๐Ÿ™‚

P.S. Within this forum, some people who upgraded to the BlueCurve then "downgraded" back to the Shaw Gateway, because their experience with the BlueCurve was not optimal. Expressed differently, many people think that the Shaw Gateway is "better" than the Shaw BlueCurve.  So, if a daily "reset" of the Gateway has not solved your issues, contact Shaw to get help.

0 Kudos

We've been experiencing the same issues here in YEG south...

Getaway
Grasshopper

We've been experiencing the same issues here in YEG south this week. Last night I rebooted the Blue Sky box and the issues did not re-occur last night. They have reappeared this morning. I tried to reach out to your support via chat, what a waste of time as there does not appear to be a "person" monitoring the responses. Clearly there is an issue with your equipment based on the complaints found posted online. What is Shaw going to do to resolve the issue? 

-- I tried to reach out to your support via chat, what a...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Getaway -- I tried to reach out to your support via chat, what a waste of time as there does not appear to be a "person" monitoring the responses.

With Shaw's online chat, you do start by typing to the Shaw Assistant -- a robot that can try.

Type agent to connect to a Shaw employee -- each employee has a unique ID, usually 5 or 6 characters.

> Clearly there is an issue with your equipment based on the complaints found posted online. What is Shaw going to do to resolve the issue?  

Clearly, there is a problem, but it is not clear to me that the problem can be attributed to Shaw.

Instead, start at your "end":

• try a different Ethernet cable between your computer and your cable-modem
  • try a different coaxial-cable between your cable-modem and your wall-outlet
  • if there is a coaxial-splitter between your cable-modem and your wall-outlet, temporarily bypass it, to see if that splitter is "bad"
  • if you have another active wall-outlet in your home, move the cable-modem to connect, to see if that makes any improvement
  • ask your neighbours on your street if they are Shaw customers who have the same issue

Then, contact Shaw. They can remotely logon to your cable-modem, to look for bad signal-strength incoming to the cable-modem. Then, Shaw can schedule a technician to unlock their "demarcation-box", for replacement of the coaxial-splitter inside that box, and to check the coaxial-cable from that box to the nearest telephone-pole. The technician can also cut-off the connectors of the coaxial-cables terminating at that box, and add new connectors.

0 Kudos

Switch to Telus. Better customer support.

Chadrl
Grasshopper

Switch to Telus. Better customer support. 

Yes, we have been having the same problem every evening n...

cooper56
Grasshopper

Yes, we have been having the same problem every evening now over the past week. I can not seem to find the issue and I just talked to our neighbours in the area here in Lake Country and they are having the same problems each evening as well. So shaw is going to have to look into this and fix the freezing up problem..Because it is a shaw problem and not each household!!

0 Kudos

My TVs all freeze, every half hour or so, for about 1 min...

Dash1
Grasshopper

My TVs all freeze, every half hour or so, for about 1 min. This only happens on the Victoria station CHEK TV. Ihave spent a total of three  and a half hours on Chat, tried everything. They sent a guy out and he changed all connectors and Modem, guess what, still the same, or worse. It is not a major deal but annoying, Someone must have the answer.

0 Kudos

Iโ€™ve been s experiencing pixelating and freezing on my tv...

CubevanJames
Grasshopper

Iโ€™ve been s experiencing pixelating and freezing on my tv for the past few weeks. After the usual customer service walkthrough of rebooting box they finally sent out a service tech. All he did was change out the box and left. It was fine for 10 minutes after he left and the problem came back with a vengeance. Got in touch with shaw chat who promptly walked me through the reboot process I have done a few times before with other agents to no avail. The problem is on shaws end. The agent suggested I wait for a service repair being done in a completely other neighborhood to be completed before trying again. This is just getting ridiculous. 

0 Kudos

-- ... finally sent out a service tech. All he did was ch...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@CubevanJames -- ... finally sent out a service tech. All he did was change out the box and left.

It is unfortunate that the service technician apparently did not use any of the electronic tools at their disposal to measure the signal-strength reaching your box, because poor signal strength can cause the symptoms.  Actually, over telephone/chat, a Shaw Agent can use the same tools to view the same statistics. So, contact Shaw, and ask the Agent to use those tools.

Note that the Shaw infrastructure (on the telephone-poles up-and-down your street, and back to the Shaw distribution centre) is like a tree with branches.  What seems to you to be a "completely other neighbourhood" can possibly be on the "path" from your home to Shaw's distribution centre.

0 Kudos

which cable box do you have? I would demand another servi...

rstra
Grand Master

@CubevanJames which cable box do you have? I would demand another service call, the technician should have done more to diagnose and repair the issue, which is likely a signal problem.

0 Kudos

S spoke with shaw tech through chat just a little while a...

CubevanJames
Grasshopper

S spoke with shaw tech through chat just a little while ago. I have a shaw Gateway. They made me go through the whole check the cables. Unplug reboot. Reset protocol like theyโ€™ve been doing for the past couple weeks with no improvement before booking me another visit on Monday. Whatโ€™s the definition of madness? Repeating the same thing over and over with the same result. Hopefully the tech can address the problem on Monday. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help