Is it possible to use the Arris Gateway and portal with the new Bluecurve modem?

Thisguy
Grasshopper

Just wondering if this is possible and how?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Two possibilities: 1. a coaxial "splitter", to run one co...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Two possibilities:

1. a coaxial "splitter", to run one coaxial cable into the Arris Gateway, and another coaxial cable into the BlueCurve, so that they are "side-by-side" devices.  Both devices will need to be "activated" by Shaw.

2. this one probably is not available: coaxial-output from one device, feeding coaxial-input into the other device.  You probably will only get one TV channel, at a time, going "in" to the other device, or maybe "no" video channel at all.

Nope! Two different platforms. Gateway is a product of a...

rickatk
Master

@Thisguy wrote:

Just wondering if this is possible and how?

Nope! Two different platforms. Gateway is a product of a cable consortium which is now getting fairly old and works on what is known as Quadrature Amplitude Aodulation (QAM). BlueCurve is licensed from Comcast in the US. This platform is Internet Protocol (IPTV) based and leverages modern streaming technologies.  That is why I have stopped buying hardware and choose to rent. The stuff goes obsolete so fast these days.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply... So I've done the splitter thing a...

Thisguy
Grasshopper

Thanks for the reply... So I've done the splitter thing and it has worked as far as watching tv goes but it's not connecting to the DNS and therefore it's not updating the guide which is crucial to the tv watching..... My Arris Gateway was activated years ago and has been active ever since. Do I need to change its IP address or something along those lines?

0 Kudos

Sorry I misunderstood your original question. If you are...

rickatk
Master

@Thisguy wrote:

Thanks for the reply... So I've done the splitter thing and it has worked as far as watching tv goes but it's not connecting to the DNS and therefore it's not updating the guide which is crucial to the tv watching..... My Arris Gateway was activated years ago and has been active ever since. Do I need to change its IP address or something along those lines?

Sorry I misunderstood your original question. If you are adding new internet gear to your existing tv gear you may need to add a MoCA filter or some other piece of wizardry. Also your Arris gear may be getting a little old and Shaw is dropping support for older tech. You are best to contact Shaw directly to find out the best solution.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help