my remote volume and power buttong doesnt work...Voice command and channels up and down do....

mike151515
Grasshopper

my remote volume and power button doesn't work...Voice command and channels up and down do....How can i fix my remote so i can adjust the volume and turn the TV off at night?

thanks in advance

Labels (1)
6 Replies

It sounds like you just need to program your BlueCurve TV...

shaw-valerie

@mike151515 It sounds like you just need to program your BlueCurve TV remote to control your TV. You can use the search method described here, or look up the device code used with your specific TV model using the 'code finder' here, then follow the steps to program using a device code. 

0 Kudos

That method not fix the problem

tekeleabe
Grasshopper

That method not fix the problem 

0 Kudos

I have the same issue. Volume just stopped working. Every...

ntannahill
Grasshopper

I have the same issue. Volume just stopped working. Everything is still ok though. 

/  -- I would change the batteries in the remote-control,...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@tekeleabe / @ntannahill -- I would change the batteries in the remote-control, and then reprogram it, because the volume up/down/mute and power buttons send signals to the TV, while all the other buttons sends signals to the Shaw box.

If all else fails, and duct-tape does not help, contact Shaw (1-888-472-2222). For free, they will ship you a replacement remote-control.

0 Kudos

How much power are the batteries supposed to have? Mine r...

Foxy45
Grasshopper

How much power are the batteries supposed to have? Mine reads 88%.

0 Kudos

-- how much power? I have a multimeter that measures both...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Foxy45 -- how much power?

I have a multimeter that measures both VOLTAGE and AMPERAGE.

First, test VOLTAGE on the battery. Even when a battery is nearly-dead, it should show 1.5 volts.

Then, set the multimeter to test AMPERAGE on the battery. Select "up to 10 amperes". When brand-new, you should get over 5 amperes. When the battery is near the end of its life, you will see less than 1 ampere. Then, either responsibly recycle the battery, or repurpose it, e.g., put it into a low-power-required device, such a wall-clock, or keep it as a spare battery for a small flashlight. Of course, test the batteries in your flashlight, before you swap them out.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help