Jump to solution

Network connection restored box keeps showing up?

jackienelson
Grasshopper

Network connection has been restored message box keeps showing up. How to fix?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Network connection restored box keeps showing up?

shaw-tony

Hey jackienelsons.a.clarkbob171budsgirlsrglasswick,

I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused. There is indeed a known issue that our video engineers are working on resolving. Please follow our service alert here for more details and updates. I appreciate your patience while we get this fixed!

Update: 

March 27 8:00 AM: This issue is now resolved.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Jump to solution

shaw-tamara

Hi jackienelson 

This sounds like it could be a signal issue. Is it affecting more than one TV? You can try reseating your coax cables to see if that helps. The instructions can be found on https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-1028  (it's a different error message on this document but the troubleshooting steps are the same).

Let us know how that goes!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

s_a_clark
Grasshopper

Getting this same thing as well. Has been doing it nearly every half hour most of the day today. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

s_a_clark
Grasshopper

I reseated all of the cable connections and am still seeing the network connection message as of this morning. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

bob171
Grasshopper

I have had this problem for at least 2 days.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

budsgirl
Grasshopper

This started for me about 3 days ago.  Kept throwing me out of watching a show On Demand last night (Fri Mar 22).  It is happening right now (Sat afternoon).  Doesn't allow me to delete shows from my pvr.  I find this happens periodically then eventually disappears.  Checking connections or unplugging the box doesn't help.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

budsgirl
Grasshopper

I made the mistake of unplugging my PVR and plugging it back in again. After I did that I had no access to my recordings or the menu. The box simply acted as a basic cable box changing channels. I spoke to a Shaw tech on the phone who said that the network connections issue came with an update.  They are currently trying to put together another update that will fix this issue. My PVR eventually fixed itself.  If your PVR is working OK and your only issue is  getting those network connection messages just leave it for now and hopefully Shaw will get a fix out soon. 

Jump to solution

srglassw
Grasshopper

Thanks for posting that. I too have been seeing this issue for several days.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

Hey jackienelsons.a.clarkbob171budsgirlsrglasswick,

I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused. There is indeed a known issue that our video engineers are working on resolving. Please follow our service alert here for more details and updates. I appreciate your patience while we get this fixed!

Update: 

March 27 8:00 AM: This issue is now resolved.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

Jump to solution

I know this is 2 years old but I am having the same issue...

Bstanish
Grasshopper

I know this is 2 years old but I am having the same issue and the link for the solution doesn't work.....

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help