New BlueCurve subscriber - Are there plans to add the ability to schedule a recording using the app

cytordiffe
Grasshopper

I recently upgraded to the BlueCurve system.  I have installed the app on my phone and tablet.  I also use the browser interface.

i miss the ability to set or change a recording schedule remotely.

Are there plans to add this missing feature to the app and/or browser interface?

This feature must be one of the most requested features.  How about listening to the customer base?

Labels (1)
6 Replies

-- Are there plans to add this missing feature to the app...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@cytordiffe -- Are there plans to add this missing feature to the app and/or browser interface?

First, this is a "user-to-user" discussion forum, not an official path to contact Shaw Support.

Second, I doubt that Shaw would announce "vapour-ware" -- such as plans to offer something.  LIke other companies, you have to wait for official "news".

Third, there is a big security-issue if anyone on the Internet, other than you, can remotely connect to your BlueCurve, and make changes. Hackers do try "brute-force" methods -- having their computers try thousands of ID/password combinations, hoping to be successful. So, be "security-aware", if Shaw should ever announce such a feature.

> How about listening to the customer base?

While reading this message, scroll-down to the bottom of this web-page, and click "Your Voice", and make an official request for this feature.

they just use software and hardware that comcast makes so...

j1141
Grasshopper

they just use software and hardware that comcast makes

so they have to wait for them to add stuff like this

0 Kudos

And Comcast is in a legal battle with TiVo over remote DV...

cytordiffe
Grasshopper

And Comcast is in a legal battle with TiVo over remote DVR recording patents.

It is not looking good for a quick resolution.

0 Kudos

From the original post the problem appears to be that thi...

dmj
Grasshopper

From the original post the problem appears to be that this was available before moving to bluecurve - I was in the same boat, had the app on my phone and could set up recordings when I was out and about.  With BlueCurve that is not available.  Since I only got moved to bluecurve because I was planning on going to a cheaper Telus servce as a new customer I'm disappointed.  

0 Kudos

-- I only got moved to bluecurve because I was planning o...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dmj -- I only got moved to bluecurve because I was planning on going to a cheaper Telus service. as a new customer. I'm disappointed.  

Were you saying that you would become a "new" customer to Shaw, or that you are a "new" user of the BlueCurve modem/TV device?

In what way(s) are you disappointed?

You could comment here, on this user-to-user discussion forum, or you could scroll-down, as you are reading this, and click the "Your Voice" hyperlink, to contact Shaw.

0 Kudos

Xfinity Remote DVR is back after two-year legal dispute h...

Zeph
Grasshopper

Xfinity Remote DVR is back after two-year legal dispute

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/09/30/xfinity-remote-dvr-back/

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help