No audio and video freezing.

abbydad
Grasshopper

We keep having our audio drop out for a few seconds or the whole video freeze altogether.  This occurs on bluesky with internet 300 and seems to have started when I subscribed to HBO/crave last month.  Not sure if it's only on those channels but that's where I notice it. Anyone else seeing this?  Located in the fraser Valley if it matters.

Labels (1)
8 Replies

Re: No audio and video freezing.

shaw-tony

Hey abbydad,

Thank you for reaching out! I haven't heard of any reports of issues with those channels. It may be a signal related issue that is causing the video and audio to freeze up/pixelate. If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend trying some of the troubleshooting steps here. If the issue continues to persist, your best bet is to touch base with technical support to further investigate or schedule a service technician. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Mine does this as well. Playback freezes and it looks lik...

haja15871
Grasshopper

Mine does this as well. Playback freezes and it looks like one lone pixel is circled. Have to back out and play again. I'm on Huawei mediapad t5. I've Uninstalled and reinstalled. Followed troubleshooting instructions. Contacted support but no fix. Still waiting for the fix through updates that was promised.

0 Kudos

Does this happen on all channels when using the BlueCurve...

shaw-valerie

@haja15871 Does this happen on all channels when using the BlueCurve TV app, or is this occurring only on a specific channel? When you say you have to back out and play again, is it just the video stream that freezes and you're able to just back out to the channel listings and start the stream again, or is the entire app freezing and you need to exit the app and re-launch? 

0 Kudos

I get intermittent audio freezes just watching regular ch...

LeeTV
Grasshopper

I get intermittent audio freezes just watching regular channels. Sometimes it goes off every 10 minutes then it might go for hours without, but hard to tell cause im not glued to the tv that long. 

0 Kudos

Same here...about a week now. Shaw is aware of the proble...

rickatk
Master

@LeeTV wrote:

I get intermittent audio freezes just watching regular channels. Sometimes it goes off every 10 minutes then it might go for hours without, but hard to tell cause im not glued to the tv that long. 

Same here...about a week now. Shaw is aware of the problem and is working on it.

0 Kudos

-- in what region are you?  The same as   ? Because this...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LeeTV -- in what region are you?  The same as @rickatk  ?

Because this is just a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not an official path to Shaw Support, I recommend that you contact Shaw (currently, online chat has priority over telephone) and get the Shaw Agent to trouble-shoot, including remotely connecting to your cable-modem to view the incoming signal-strength.

0 Kudos

I am in Parksville.. I have seen only minor pauses.

rickatk
Master

I am in Parksville.. I have seen only minor pauses. 

0 Kudos

I’ve had issues of freezing since I got Blue Curve and ha...

rcgauz
Grasshopper

I’ve had issues of freezing since I got Blue Curve and have reported multiple times - and yet the replies I see from report all seem to say they haven’t heard of this. Well, it’s really starting to look like you (Shaw) are trying to hide the extent of these issues. 
PLEASE don’t make me regret upgrading to Blue Curve and 300 - and get on with fixing this issue. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help