Changing the update time forward to a time when the TV is...

gdnorrie
Grasshopper

Changing the update time forward to a time when the TV is powered on is the only solution at this point. I have elevated to a Shaw VP who has brought a senior Shaw engineer into the fold. They promise a programming fix in a couple days. I will post with any updates.

@gdnorrie: Thank you. Very frustrating.

nsu
Grasshopper

@gdnorrie: Thank you.

Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos

I had  Blue curve installed Saturday Jan 11th to my new S...

DavidW1
Grasshopper

I had  Blue curve installed Saturday Jan 11th to my new Samsung Qled 70 , same problem from Sunday Jan 12th everyday, have to unplug and plug it back in ? 

My TV did a trouble shoot and came up with the HDMI cable being corrupt , called tech support and kinda got the run around with something about a firm update being done .   Asked about a new HDMI cable and was told I was on my own for that ????

Still doing it as of this morning

Can I take the HDMI cable  back for a new 2.0 one ? 

Some kind of service would be GREATLY appreciated . 

0 Kudos

A place to post problems, suggestions and ideas about the Shaw Community Forum

rickatk
Master

@shaw-tony and @shaw-valerie :

I hope you can appreciate the difficulty trying to detail a problem in a string that has nothing to do with the string issue. I have posted a couple comments regarding quotes in the middle of this string about TV players and TVs not waking up. Only because I couldn’t go to a place to post issues about the forum in general. Other tech forums provide an area in the forum to post forum related issues. As well there is a way to send private messages to the moderators and administrators in order to deal with a specific problem.

Thanks again for your attention to the issue of “quotes” and a forum topic area for site specific problems.

Cheers

@rickatk 

Message from Shaw Tech today ... "Just a heads up. All yo...

gdnorrie
Grasshopper

Message from Shaw Tech today ...

"Just a heads up. All your devices upgraded to the latest firmware. We have been able to confirm this solved HDMI sync issues with other models but we don't have the same One Connect box in our lab. If you could let me know if you still see the issue over the weekend that would be awesome."

I've had no issues over the past 2 days! 

Will update on Monday.

I believe the issue has been resolved. Called my wife and...

nsu
Grasshopper

I believe the issue has been resolved.

Called my wife and she has turned on the TV and it is on without any issues! 

Thank you! 

we are collecting examples of the quotes and the image ic...

shaw-tony

@rickatk we are collecting examples of the quotes and the image icon on replies intermittently not working. Can you let me know which threads have that issue and a screenshot via Imgur of the problem? Also, do you notice it happening in different browsers or just one for the same threads?

0 Kudos

I have this exact issue. I’ve had at least 10 different t...

CalgaryPete
Grasshopper

I have this exact issue. I’ve had at least 10 different techs to my place to try and fix your services to no avail. I don’t own a Samsung TV I own an old Dynex. Power saver is off. I’ve swapped out equipment, reset and power cycled everything numerous times. Still I have to unplug and replug your wireless box to get it to work. Telus is looking better by the day...

0 Kudos

The quoting problem is difficult to recreate as it is ver...

rickatk
Master

@shaw-tony  The quoting problem is difficult to recreate as it is very sporadic. This message doesn’t generate quotes in the tool bar.

0 Kudos

I am experiencing the same issue with TV box going "dormant", it's very frustrating....

g_schwarz
Grasshopper

I am experiencing the same issue in which the TV box seems to go into a dormant state after some indeterminate amount of time, it's very frustrating. Almost every time I want to watch TV, I need to unplug/plug my Shaw BlueSky TV box in order to wake it up.

I have a Sony Android TV and worked for years just perfectly with Shaw Portal, but now I upgraded to BlueSky 3 weeks ago and I am going crazy since then.

I have replaced the HDMI cables with brand new premium cables after Shaw Support's suggestion to no avail. I have played with Power Saving mode settings and that makes not difference.

Shaw Support, if you are listening, please find a solution. I need to get up in a ladder every time I need to watch TV as it is wall mounted high on the wall.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help