I've seen remotes do such odd things before and work part...

Ppaatt
Grasshopper

I've seen remotes do such odd things before and work partially. Tried pointing remote all over the room. Will keep trying, though it's not the TV I watch most. (My wife watches it more). We'll keep trying for a better remote response without getting obsessed. Did that already.

0 Kudos

-- seen remotes do such odd things How old are the batter...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Ppaatt -- seen remotes do such odd things

How old are the batteries in the remote-control?  Perhaps, the TV needs a stronger IR signal than the PVR does.

0 Kudos

JVC TV and Shaw champion remote

Dennis77
Grasshopper

Got the same problem with my JVC (new TV) with the Android program.   Bought it at Visions.  Tried a ton of codes.  Visions even came up with codes from Quasar, Philips and Polaroid to which none of them connected to my TV.   I am also using the Shaw Champion Remote.   Visions gave me the number of the supplier of the JVC tv 1-888-582-8870.    I will call them in the am.  

0 Kudos

-- from a Shaw web-page: Program your Champion TV remote...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Dennis77 -- from a Shaw web-page:

Program your Champion TV remote

The Shaw Champion Remote Control is only programmable with your television set.

To program your Champion remote with your television set, please start by powering on the television and then follow these steps:

1. Press the SETUP key until the LED blinks twice
  2. Press the TV key
  3. Press and hold down the OK key
  4. Let go of the OK key when the TV turns off. Once this has occurred, the setup should now be complete
0 Kudos

Did this work?

RvanRenesse
Grasshopper

Did this work?

0 Kudos

Never was able to get remote and fake JVC TV to get along...

Ppaatt
Grasshopper

Never was able to get remote and fake JVC TV to get along. So it's a 2-remote job.

0 Kudos

Did you ever get a code to work for your "JVC" Tv? In hav...

Bnmtireman
Grasshopper

Did you ever get a code to work for your "JVC" Tv? In having the same issue

0 Kudos

No. I discovered it wasn't really a JVC TV. They'd licens...

Ppaatt
Grasshopper

No. I discovered it wasn't really a JVC TV. They'd licensed out the name to some unknown company and I never could get a code to work with the Shaw remote. So we must use one remote for the TV and one for the cable box.

0 Kudos

I finally figured this out. This TV shows up as ATV R2-20...

Jackson15
Grasshopper

I finally figured this out. This TV shows up as ATV R2-2001424509 when I added it as a device in Google Home. I figured ATV must stand for Atvio, which is actually a cheap Walmart brand TV sold in Mexico. Press and hold setup on Bluesky remote until the light turns green. Press the Shaw button. Enter code to complete pairing. Ok, yes, yes. Now enter Atvio in the search bar. Click ok to pair. Follow the instructions on your screen. Keep trying  the volume up and down and click It doesn't work. It should take 6 or 7 attempts but eventually it will find the code for your TV. Click It works, and now the code will be saved. Enjoy.

I had the exact same issue and this worked for me! Thanks

RawK
Grasshopper

I had the exact same issue and this worked for me! Thanks 

TALK TO US
We're here to help