No video signal from BlueCurve TV Box unless unplug/plug from power

g_schwarz
Grasshopper

My BlueCurve TV box (not wireless version) seems to go into a dormant state after an indeterminate amount of time, it's very frustrating. Almost every time I want to watch TV, I need to unplug/plug my BlueCurve TV box in order to wake it up.

I have a Sony Smart TV and worked for years just perfectly with Shaw Portal, but now I upgraded to BlueSky 4 weeks ago and I am going crazy ever since.

I have replaced the HDMI cables with brand new premium cables after Shaw Support's suggestion to no avail. I have played with Power Saving mode settings in the Shaw box and that makes not difference. I have upgraded to the latest TV firmware and Shaw has reset the TV box remotely several times.

Shaw Support says a technician must come over and after weeks of waiting they have missed two appointments, once it was a no show and second time he showed up 4 hours prior to the appointment time and nobody was home.

Shaw Support, if you are listening, please find a solution. I need to get up in a ladder every time I need to watch TV as it is wall mounted high on the wall.

Many thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Are there any additional trends here that you've noticed,...

shaw-valerie

@g_schwarz Are there any additional trends here that you've noticed, such as this behaviour is always exhibited when the box enters power saver mode, or is turned off during a daily update? (By default, daily updates will occur between 3-4am, but you can customize that setting to select a different time)

Other users that have experienced similar issues on other TV models reported some improvement in this behaviour by setting the update to occur when the TV was on rather than a time when it was out of use. Others have also been able to re-initiate the connection between the BlueCurve TV box and the TV by switching to another active input on the TV and back.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help