Ontario Hockey League games

cookgw
Grasshopper

I was wondering why so many OHL games are not being shown on TV this year. In the past we would be able to watch all the games except those played in the US. Now about half the games are not being shown. I was also told previously by people living in southern ontario that Rogers carried the US games. I was hoping that with the merger that all the games would be broadcast now, not less.

Labels (1)
7 Replies

-- what does the management of the CHL (Canada Hockey Lea...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@cookgw -- what does the management of the CHL (Canada Hockey League) say about this?  

Have you looked at their FREE broadcasts: https://chl.ca/ohl/ohl-radio-and-television-broadcast-information/

?

0 Kudos

This isn't really an answer. Rogers/Shaw covers some of t...

cookgw
Grasshopper

This isn't really an answer. Rogers/Shaw covers some of the games. I am wondering whey they don't cover them all. Plus there are a lot of seniors that are fans that do not use computers or are very computer illiterate.

0 Kudos

I live in BC & I ave Super Sports Pak & am wondering why...

acarnold909
Grasshopper

I live in BC & I ave Super Sports Pak & am wondering why we only have OHL games broadcast to us, why aren't any WHL games being shown?....not everyone lives in Ontario lol.

0 Kudos

Sorry for some reason I can't edit my replies to people's...

acarnold909
Grasshopper

Sorry for some reason I can't edit my replies to people's posts....I meant to say "I have Super Sports Pak" not "I ave" lol

0 Kudos

-- it is possible to edit one's posted messages, but only...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@acarnold909 -- it is possible to edit one's posted messages, but only for an hour or two.

Click on the "circle" way over on the right of your message:

Capture.JPG

and choose "edit".

0 Kudos

wrote: why aren't any WHL games being shown? You may stre...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@acarnold909  wrote: why aren't any WHL games being shown?

You may stream both "live" and "replays" via: https://watch.chl.ca/whl_chl

Maybe, when the dust of the Rogers/Shaw take-over settles, games formerly in cities previously served by Shaw Communications (mostly in Western Canada, where most of the WHL teams are based) will become available to you. I doubt that you'll get home-games from the U.S.A. division.

I doubt that any Rogers/Shaw employee who wants to keep their job will answer your "why" question.

You can watch the games through WHL Live on CHL TV. It is available to fans worldwide, and provides high-quality streaming of WHL games on Apple TV, Roku, and Amazon Fire TV platforms, via mobile with iOS and Android, and on web using Safari or Google Chrome web browsers. You can visit WHL Live for complete details and subscription options.

The following pricing options are available for the 2023-24 regular season:

All-Access: $109.99 CAD plus applicable taxes and fees
Monthly Access: $24.99 CAD
24-Hour Access: $6.99 CAD

0 Kudos

So I figured out the answer. We used to get the games for...

cookgw
Grasshopper

So I figured out the answer. We used to get the games for free (at least most of them). But Rogers offers the Super Sports Pak that includes the games so of course they don't want to give them for free any more. Too bad.

0 Kudos