I concur with the disappointment of single channel buffer...

Markxx
Grasshopper

I concur with the disappointment of single channel buffering echoed in this thread.  Crucially, flipping across multiple buffered channels enables viewers to "hit" at least one channel that is not on an ad cycle.  While recording the shows *seems* like a solution, it also means you have to watch at least the current channel programming (importantly, advertisements or other undesirable content also) *until* the recorded shows are significantly advanced and viewing can be started.

It also means more button effort and the blue curve remove / menu system isn't ideal (at all) for this tactic.  For example, the old Gateway menu was 1 remote button push (i.e. "Last").  Now, one must access the recorded programs menu (3 button actions), then play. Then back to the paused channel?  <<sigh>>.....

Not withstanding better simplicity of installation and improved wireless deliver, the Gateway was clearly the better *customer* solution for viewing.  However Gateway hardware costs are likely higher and it is impractical to buffer programming at the Shaw infrastructure level.  ....<<sniff>>

In addition, the old remotes worked were solid.  I cannot get the new remote to successfully pair and operate the  volume, mute and power funtion.  This included 3 hours with Shaw support, after my own efforts.  

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help