pictures greyed out in guide and in on demand, movie casts, etc

Metchosinmount
Grasshopper
A couple of weeks ago I called the shaw technical team to report an issue with my TV where the graphics and pictures in the Guide and in on demand are greyed out.  They sent a technician who told me this is a known problem on Southern Vancouver Island in BC and said he had been to many houses with the same problem.  I was not happy that he was sent out when there was nothing he could do and we both agreed that when I called to report the problem they should have been aware that this was a known problem and not sent a tech to my house.  We also agreed that a known problem should be on the Shaw Website under Service Updates.  There is a notice on that website that there is an issue with Check Tv but I don't even watch Chek Tv and that notice does not describe the issue I am having.

A week ago, I contacted the Call center technical team again via chat to tell them what I had been told by the service tech and inquire when this would be fixed but the person on chat insisted that there wasn't any such problem in my area and was adamant that if there was a known issue, they would know about it.   They did not even have a record of the problem I had reported a week earlier and told me they their records just showed that my call was for a modem problem.  This is most concerning as that was not what I had reported as the issue.

I was led to think that the tech that came to my house may have been wrong.  So I let the person on chat arrange to send another tech.  He came to my house today and told me exactly the same thing as the tech who came a week ago, that it is a known problem that Shaw are working on and again he left my house because there was nothing he could do to fix the problem.  He also said he is constantly being sent to customers with the same problem even though it is a problem that Shaw are working on an that he is unable to resolve the problem.  What a waste of resources and I know what these techs are worth. 

I tried contacting Shaw again this evening via chat but again they don't seem to have any idea of this problem.

This is one very seriously dysfunctional technical/customer service.  I have no idea where I go from this dead end.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

--  I have no idea where I go from this dead end. As you...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Metchosinmount --  I have no idea where I go from this dead end.

As you are reading this, scroll-down to see:

Capture-Shaw-Your-Voice.JPG

Click the "Your Voice" hyperlink, and send all your above message to Shaw, to see how a "senior" person will respond.

0 Kudos

Yes, this is an issue with BlueCurve on the island. I agr...

rstra
Grand Master

@Metchosinmount Yes, this is an issue with BlueCurve on the island. I agree that the customer care teams should be aware and Shaw should have a “known issues” page on their website, would save a lot of time and effort.

0 Kudos

Thanks Mdk for the advice.  I tried to send the full mess...

Metchosinmount
Grasshopper

Thanks Mdk for the advice.  I tried to send the full message via Your Voice but MY voice is limited to 500 characters it seems.  Back to my dead end.  I remember when I was able to phone and reach a technical team in our local area. Given Shaw has eliminated any real customer service and moved to low cost overseas call centers that are so obviously disconnected from the customer, they ought to reduce our costs, much like the bare bones on-line shopping channels. 

This is a seriously dysfunctional system as I said.

0 Kudos

Apologies for the frustration you have encountered here,...

shaw-valerie

@Metchosinmount Apologies for the frustration you have encountered here, there was an issue affecting some BlueCurve TV equipment in the Vancouver Island area, our teams have been monitoring this issue and it does look to be resolved at this time. 

0 Kudos

No it is not resolved.  It seems to be improved but still...

Metchosinmount
Grasshopper

No it is not resolved.  It seems to be improved but still when roaming through the guide and in On Demand, there are many pictures of shows and also cast and crew greyed out.  If you wait a minute or two the pictures pop up.  Do you want to send a third technician out here so I can prove it;.................I never did have a problem with the fact that you were having a technical problem, that is just part of life and technology.  My problem was lack of transparency and no notice of the problem on your website when it was a known problem.  Also frustrating was  when I called your customer service twice they were not aware of this problem and insisted that if it was a problem they would know about it. Instead they sent a technician out twice, both who were aware of the issue but could not do anything to fix it...............This is my issue.  Now i am told the problem is fixed when it is not.  Again, the proverbial dead end of misinformation!!!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help