Pixelating on all channels

bibidog
Grasshopper

I wanted to know if anybody else is having problems with pictures pixelling more & more lately? It is getting very annoying because every channel is doing it and I've done all the troubleshooting with it and they just put a new cable in a few months ago themselves so it can't be that. The service I pay alot of money for is not worth it. Thinking of switching to MTS.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

Pixelation

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bibidog -- I recommend that you contact Shaw Support (www.shaw.ca/chat) or 1-888-472-2222 for Shaw to trouble-shoot.

The Shaw Agent can remotely logon to your TV box, to view the signal-strength reaching it, and to see other measurements that might indicate an "out-of-spec" condition.

I have had pixelation also. I first noticed it around Dec...

SusanaQ
Grasshopper

I have had pixelation also. I first noticed it around December.  I've now had 5 technicians, who've changed most things: the PVR, the coaxial cable to the modem, the HDMI cable to the TV from the PVR.  I only have one LG OLED TV, it's only 3 years old.

The technical phone support are incompetent.  One said it was the "broadcasters". Right, so CBC, CTV, ABC, CBS and PBS are all sending poor signal?

Customer support today told me it was my TV, which is BS.  The TV works fine with Netflix and Apple TV and casting from a computer.

My next item of business is to cancel my contract, and move to Telus, which won't be cheap because I have another year left on my contract.  Shaw won't let me out of the contract. So, the only thing I can do now is to tell others NOT to sign up with Shaw.  I'll also notify Better Business Bureau, for whatever that's worth.  I'm really angry, because I've been a customer for at least 10 years.

-- move to Telus ... the only thing I can do now  Twice,...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@SusanaQ -- move to Telus ... the only thing I can do now 

Twice, during 2020, Telus offered me $200 in "Telus Credit" if I switched everything away from Shaw. That amount would help offset Shaw's  cancellation fee (12 months times $20).

Have you contacted a Shaw Agent, and asked them to remotely logon to your Shaw box, for them to display the "signal-strength" reaching it?  It could be a problem between your home and the nearest telephone-pole.

When you run the Shaw Speed Test, do the actual speeds match the speeds promised in your contract?

0 Kudos

Hi, they found the problem. The signal strength was getti...

bibidog
Grasshopper

Hi, they found the problem. The signal strength was getting weaker from the outside cable to my house, so they installed a booster in my house and have not had a single problem with pixel or internet since then. I would suggest asking them to check outside signals and work toward the house because it solved my problem...

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help