Program looping/repeating

Livingston
Grasshopper

I have 2 channels that I access and then they rapidly repeat a short section. I’ve turned tv off and unplugged box. Does not resolve it. Happens every evening and then is fine after a few tries of going to a channel that works.

Labels (1)
67 Replies

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Livingston -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

In your case, I recommend that you should contact Shaw (1-888-472-2222) to get them to trouble-shoot.  Maybe, your remote-control is busted, and keeps sending "rewind" instructions ???

0 Kudos

There is nothing wrong with the remote.  Only loops on ch...

digitrax
Grasshopper

There is nothing wrong with the remote.  Only loops on channel 104 CTV Calgary.  And only loops late at night.

0 Kudos

&  -- see another thread on this forum, regarding CTV Cal...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Livingston  & @digitrax -- see another thread on this forum, regarding CTV Calgary:

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-discussions/problems-with-ctv-calgary/td-p/61545

It is not a "Shaw problem", although both Shaw's headquarters and CTV Calgary are both in Calgary.

Have had a number of problems with CTV Calgary 104 lookin...

CP140
Grasshopper

Have had a number of problems with CTV Calgary 104 looking for a number of days. Tonight TSN  is crap. No HDTV. Looks like an old VHS tape. So is this what being bought out by Rogers bring. Good Bye if it is. So much for quality service. Can't wait for the rate to go thru the roof...... thanks Shaw for selling out.

-- physically, where are you? In/near Calgary? Do you hav...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@CP140 -- physically, where are you? In/near Calgary? Do you have the "time-shift" option? If so, do you have the same issue when trying to watch any of the other CTV feeds (Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa) ?

The same issue when watching the CTV SciFi channel?

0 Kudos

It happens on Global BC (Channel 101) as well. Changing t...

michaelstein
Grasshopper

It happens on Global BC (Channel 101) as well.

Changing the channel and then going back seems to temporarily resolve it, but it keeps happening again on another day as well.

Tomorrow I will be having shaw technicians coming for the...

Wetcoaster
Grasshopper

Tomorrow I will be having shaw technicians coming for the third time in just over a week for this problem. They don’t seem to be able to fix it. It is very annoying and i wonder if telus is having the same problems. Video and audio looping in short bites. The only way to stop it is to change channels. Happens mainly on ctv and global

This is in Vancouver by the way

Wetcoaster
Grasshopper

This is in Vancouver by the way

this isn’t an issue an in home technician can fix. Which ca...

rstra
Grand Master

@Wetcoaster  this isn’t an issue an in home technician can fix. Which cable box do you have? 

0 Kudos