-- in another thread in the discussion forum, there was a...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@KarenJay -- in another thread in the discussion forum, there was a quote from CTV Calgary, suggesting that you tune to a higher-numbered channel (over 200) and then tune back to CTV Calgary, as a "bypass" to the issue, while CTV works on a solution.

0 Kudos

Don't worry. Many people are experiencing this similar pr...

michaelstein
Grasshopper

Don't worry. Many people are experiencing this similar problem. Hopefully it can be resolved soon. I suppose it is happening during evening hours when many

are viewing the channels.

0 Kudos

Hi I have this issue on channel 103 City TV and 104 CTV V...

Sanmos55
Grasshopper

Hi I have this issue on channel 103 City TV and 104 CTV Vancouver. It always happens at 10 am Monday to Friday only. If I am not on the channel it takes a few minutes to connect or if i am on it I get the screen repeating over and over. But only for a few minutes.

my other channels are fine. This has been happening for a few months. 

have had my wireless cable boxes for a few years, Never had this issue before 

0 Kudos

This happens to me every night at the same time on Global...

Peachfish421
Grasshopper

This happens to me every night at the same time on Global BC 101. I have to change to another channel, turn the TV off, wait 30 seconds, turn the TV back on  to the channel that I changed it to and then change it to 101 only then it will work. So frustrating

0 Kudos

-- when I switch to channel 111 KOMO (ABC ) Seattle which...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@FabWeb -- when I switch to channel 111 KOMO (ABC ) Seattle which carries Jeopardy in the same time slot the problem is also there.

The CRTC is to blame for this.  🙂

When a US-based TV channel broadcasts the same program at the same time as a Canada-based TV channel, the Canada-based TV channel is allowed, by the CRTC, to feed the program, plus the Canadian commercials, onto the USA-based channel. 

So, in your case, the content you see, including the commercials, is 100% identical.

0 Kudos

-- have you tried tuning to a higher channel (above 200),...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Peachfish421 -- have you tried tuning to a higher channel (above 200), and then back to 101 ? There has been a post on this forum about this trick as a "bypass" to the issue.

0 Kudos

This IS not a problem with the network in your house whet...

bordoodle
Grasshopper

This IS not a problem with the network in your house whether TV boxes are connected via Shaw WiFi or directly connected to the XB6 or XB7 or through an additional 3rd party network switch.  I have Ch 101 and 104 occasionally doing the blank then repeat the last few seconds and tonight at 11 PM Ch 407 is doing multiple drop outs usually losing 5 seconds of programming.

A Shaw / Rogers tech CANNOT fix any of these problems except if your gateway or streaming box is pouched.

Since many of these varied issues are occurring on different channels and in different cities the only common thread is Shaw.  Is it a network bandwidth issue in Shaw's network?  Is it a server(s) issue within Shaw?  Have they out sourced  the streaming to another company and they are having problems?

Best thing to do is continue to chat and call Shaw over and over. and over and over.  Maybe they will throw more spaghetti against the wall and finally something will stick. 

0 Kudos

-- the only common thread is Shaw.  I disagree.  Other po...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bordoodle -- the only common thread is Shaw. 

I disagree. 

Other posts in this thread, and many posts in other threads, point to issues within CTV Calgary's distribution of various CTV-owned channels. CTV Calgary has admitted that it is their issue.

Given that 99% of the users of this discussion forum are customers of Shaw -- not Telus/Bell -- it seems natural that 99% of the posts reference Shaw.

0 Kudos

I have the same problems with 2 channels, both Canadian.

Paisley500
Grasshopper

I have the same problems with 2 channels, both Canadian. 

0 Kudos

mdk CTV 104 in Calgary - Having problems and as you point...

bordoodle
Grasshopper

mdk

CTV 104 in Calgary - Having problems and as you pointed out CTV has "admitted" to problems

Global 101 Calgary is not owned by CTV but Corus.  Please explain then how to blame CTV?

CityTV 103 Calgary is owned by Rogers.  Again no connection to CTV or their digital feed

TLC 407 owned by Warner.

CTV may have its problems but these other channels do too.  So I ask.  Is it a server problem?  Network congestion or over subscription problem?  Other traffic on what should be a dedicated IP link for the video feed?  ie if not dedicated then no QOS?  Others have pointed out certain channels have recurring issues at specific times of day.  10AM, 11 PM, etc.

mdk - Given that 99% of the users of this discussion forum are customers of Shaw -- not Telus/Bell -- it seems natural that 99% of the posts reference Shaw.

Considering the URL of this page starts with support.shaw.ca then I don't understand the context of that statement. YES WE ARE ALL SHAW CUSTOMERS.  The only time I or others would mention the other carriers is if I / we had first hand knowledge of their services and especially if they didn't have these issues.

Today I managed to chat with a Shaw Tech driving through my lane.  He has the older coax, satellite and Shaw streaming services in his home.  His words "coax no problems, satellite no problems, digital streaming has problems".  

So if channels other than just CTV have problems and other people in other cities have problems on same and different channels THEN YOU TELL ME THE COMMON LINK !!!!

I could get into servers, congestion, over subscription, firmware, key frames and so on.  Shaw has the ball when the whistle blows.  Let's hope that they are smart enough to fix it.