Pvr box issues

Partygirlstayc
Grasshopper

I had the same problem everybody had and couldn’t delete anything . I rebooted it and it fixed that issue. But now it says I have no series recordings. 

and there is no recordings after October 28 th as it says guide is unavailable. 

Will this be fixed 

Labels (1)
11 Replies

I also have the same problem. Shaw seems to be fixing som...

LoveBBCEarth
Grasshopper

I also have the same problem. Shaw seems to be fixing some problems and causing others. It is annoying. 

0 Kudos

Are you able to create new series recordings, or do you e...

shaw-valerie

@Partygirlstayc Are you able to create new series recordings, or do you encounter an error when setting that up or other unexpected behaviour? 

0 Kudos

Interesting. I have the same”no series recordings” issue...

BionicJo
Grasshopper

Interesting. I have the same”no series recordings” issue today (Mon Oct 21). Shaw claimed they’ve had no other reports when I called. I lost 68 of 70 series from my list, yet some shows are still shown as set to record, while other shows say “no current program” in the guide and I can’t even set them manually. Praying this is a software issue. It takes a full year to recover all the series. Sigh. 

0 Kudos

As I said I have the same problem. I can set up new serie...

LoveBBCEarth
Grasshopper

As I said I have the same problem. I can set up new series. The previous series are set up to record until Oct 28 then they disappear. It looks like they need to be Re-setup. They seem to have just disappeared. 

0 Kudos

Our teams are looking into this, at this time it does loo...

shaw-valerie

@Partygirlstayc @LoveBBCEarth @BionicJo Our teams are looking into this, at this time it does look to be related to the issues with being unable to delete recordings. Unfortunately, the series recording settings would be unlikely to be restored, resolution of the problem would just prevent it from recurring, so you would need to re-create any series recordings that you had set up. 

Thank you for advising us. I have begun to (re)set up my...

BionicJo
Grasshopper

Thank you for advising us. I have begun to (re)set up my series. I have at least 70 and some will not reappear until next summer. So I have a whole year of PITA - I’ll let you look that up 🙂 - factor to look forward to, sigh. 
The procedure I had to follow for the re-set up was:

- Go to schedule and select record series. 
-this added the show back to series, but I then had TWO recordings scheduled for each show. 
- go to Series and cancel series 

- now go to guide (or search) and add the show as a series again, this time with only ONE instance of each episode.

I tried various methods, this was the one that worked best for me. My concern is- will I have to continue this procedure for future shows as they reappear? I guess only time will tell. 

The guide issue fixed itself between 1-4 am on Tuesday mo...

Partygirlstayc
Grasshopper

The guide issue fixed itself between 1-4 am on Tuesday morning . 

I did have to reprogram all my series 

everything seems to have worked itself out . 

my main complaint would be the HORRIBLE online customer service I received 

I was told by the Shaw online person my equipment was 10 years old ( which it’s not ) and that I needed to take it in and buy a new one . and that’s all that could be done . That certainly was NEVER going to happen . If I took my pvr in I would just cancel everything and look elsewhere . This would be the 2 Nd pvr I have to return in a year due to “ technical issues “ 

0 Kudos

I'm really sorry to hear about the support experience tha...

shaw-valerie

@Partygirlstayc I'm really sorry to hear about the support experience that you had in chat, and apologize for any miscommunication. This equipment model is one that has been in use for Shaw services for quite some time, and we do have newer equipment models available. As the issue at hand was only affecting this specific model of box, changing to a different equipment model would have resolved the issue as we did not have a set timeline for a fix to this. 

0 Kudos

I only got my pvr last December. So it’s not an old model...

Partygirlstayc
Grasshopper

I only got my pvr last December. So it’s not an old model . And this is the 3 rd pvr that gives me problems . 
I think the correct thing would have been to try and offer a solution , not say that I’m going to have to go in and spend more money to fix a problem ... that never was a problem until Shaw put out a update . 
sounds more like a way to crash everybody’s pvrs and try to make them spend money to get new equipment. 

shaw has some of the worst customer service out there 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help