I’ve switched to Shaw as of April from Telus for 20 yrs....

StevieG15
Grasshopper

I’ve switched to Shaw as of April from Telus for 20 yrs. What a disaster. I’m having this same issue. IE I want to PVR a show tonight at 7pm so I set up the recording but instead of capturing the show today that shows new, it’s chosen to record the replay this coming Sunday instead. This happens on at least half my recordings. 

I also have other issues like the files freeze and won’t replay at all but this is the one issue that’s peeving me off the most right now. 

I want to go back to Telus 😞

0 Kudos

-- you do have a few days (ten?) to cancel your contract...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@StevieG15 -- you do have a few days (ten?) to cancel your contract with Shaw.

Have you tried contacting Shaw Support: 1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat

to communicate with a Shaw Agent?

Are you scrolling through the "Guide", and then selecting the program that you want to record, and choosing to record it?

0 Kudos

Of course I have tried to call Shaw.  And I know how to r...

StevieG15
Grasshopper

Of course I have tried to call Shaw. 
And I know how to record a show. Thanks for talking to me like a 5 yr old. Maybe read the whole thread because I'm not the only one having this issue and I'm not an idiot. Thanks for coming out.

Grand Master?

GavinP
Grasshopper

He clearly states he switched in April, has it been 10 days since April?

Someone asked if we could share the solution to the problem, so far I haven't found one however it doesn't say grand master next to my name so I didn't see the need to post useless information or ask dumb questions.

F1 seems to have sorted itself out and now records the original airing, I am still having this issue with Rick and Morty on Adult Swim as well as Last week tonight on HBO.

I always set series record to tape the earliest time the...

Karinli
Grasshopper

I always set series record to tape the earliest time the show plays, so usually between 4-6 pm. The PVR WILL NEVER RECORD WHAT I SET IT TO, it will always pick the 8-9 pm showing to record. 

So basically, everyday of my life I have to manually look up each show I want and record ONLY THIS EPISODE to get it to tape. 

Shaw has the worst equipment on the planet. 

Did you finally get a solution?  I am having the same fru...

Mitchellken55
Grasshopper

Did you finally get a solution?  I am having the same frustration!

0 Kudos

Did you finally get a solution?  I am having the same fru...

Mitchellken55
Grasshopper

Did you finally get a solution?  I am having the same frustration! Help!

0 Kudos

Did you ever find a solution?  I am having the same issue...

Mitchellken55
Grasshopper

Did you ever find a solution?  I am having the same issues.  I was on the Shaw Gateway and it worked well.  This new Ignite does not!

0 Kudos

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Mitchellken55 -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

There is no benefit to posting the same content three times.

Could you please explain, in more detail, the "same issue"?

What are you trying to do? What did you expect to happen? What did happen? What channel did you try to record?

Do you subscribe to the "time-shift" package, to watch shows at 8 PM Eastern (equivalently 5 PM Pacific) rather than watching the same first-run show later, namely at 8 PM Pacific?

Do you have the Shaw Gateway PVR, or the newer BlueCurve PVR?

0 Kudos

I’m also currently having this problem on certain channel...

AP89
Grasshopper

I’m also currently having this problem on certain channels! It’s really frustrating and i just recently got Shaw a month ago and had so many problems already this being one 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help