-- do those "certain channels" include some CTV channels....

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@AP89 -- do those "certain channels" include some CTV channels.  Within this discussion forum, other people have reported "freezing" or "looping". CTV & Shaw are aware of this issue.

0 Kudos

Yes they do include ctv! And yea to the freezing also I a...

AP89
Grasshopper

Yes they do include ctv! And yea to the freezing also I actually have talked to Shaw today and I have a technician coming out soon! 

0 Kudos

One of mine is CTV too! Freezes all the time. And Fox!

StevieG15
Grasshopper

One of mine is CTV too! Freezes all the time. And Fox!

0 Kudos

-- I have a technician coming out soon That probably will...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@AP89 -- I have a technician coming out soon

That probably will be a waste of their time, because the problem is most-likely to be the interface between Shaw & CTV.

There is nothing wrong with your equipment, unless you have an older PVR with a built-in disk-drive to save programs, and that [ancient] disk-drive is having problems. In that case, replacing the PVR (and losing all the saved content) is your only option.

0 Kudos

I’ve got it covered your advice is no longer needed thank...

AP89
Grasshopper

I’ve got it covered your advice is no longer needed thank you 

Ignite does not work. There are a myriad of issues with t...

Karinli
Grasshopper

Ignite does not work. There are a myriad of issues with these boxes other than not recording anything you want it to. They freeze, go bezerk, quit for no reason. They are horrible and we pay hundreds for them every year. 

All Shaw/Rogers will do is waste your time by sending someone out and they will replace your old refurbished Ignite box with a new old refurbished Ignite box. None of these boxes work well as they are all old tech being passed off as adequate. 

When you get sick of the new old refurbished Ignite box with its set of annoyances, they will send someone out and replace it for you again. And over, and over, and over.

Your only choice if you want proper working box/cable etc (which is not really your choice) is to upgrade as their other more expensive boxes generally work, and then you will pay them hundreds and hundreds more a year. 

It is criminal, and this is Shaw/Rogers game.

0 Kudos

-- the latest Shaw/Rogers equipment is: XB7 & XB8 cable-...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Karinli -- the latest Shaw/Rogers equipment is:

1. XB7 & XB8 cable-modems;
  2. very-small TV box that communicates via WiFi to the cable-modem -- there is no connection for the "legacy" coaxial-cable that connects to a socket in the wall.

The accompanying remote-control has voice-input -- "switch to CBC News".

The latest TV box records to the "cloud" -- not to an internal disk-drive that most of the older PVR boxes contained.

Does your package of TV channels include the "Timeshift" group of channels -- e.g., watching TV stations in Detroit or Rochester, in eastern time-zones, earlier in the day ?  If not, then you cannot record those broadcasts.

>> you will pay them hundreds and hundreds more a year. 

I disagree. Rogers is upgrading all customers with the "legacy" PVRs to their current hardware, at no additional cost. That current TV hardware is not likely to be "refurbished".

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help