-- been through 3 boxes already  Which boxes? Arris? Gate...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Matthew439 -- been through 3 boxes already 

Which boxes? Arris? Gateway? BlueCurve?

If you cannot pause/resume live-TV on the Arris or the Gateway, I would suspect that the internal disk-drive is failing. The BlueCurve is recording to Shaw's "cloud".

I recommend that you contact Shaw ( www.shaw.ca/chat ) or 1-888-472-2222 to get them to remotely logon to your box, to check the signal-strength reaching it.

0 Kudos

Up to 6 boxes now not working in the one room, and they a...

Matthew439
Grasshopper

Up to 6 boxes now not working in the one room, and they are the hd pvr Motorola big box. This 6th one I’m on the audio went when I turned it on this morning

0 Kudos

Give us details, what are the problems that you have you...

rstra
Grand Master

@Matthew439 

Give us details, what are the problems that you have you been experiencing? Which exact cable boxes are you using, are the boxes in the rest of your house working ok? Have you had a service call?

0 Kudos

Yes to service call that didn’t fix it on the 4th box, an...

Matthew439
Grasshopper

Yes to service call that didn’t fix it on the 4th box, and issues I had was it wasn’t recording planned channel says it did but shows it blank and the run time of it was like something insane like 24 hours for a 30 minute show and such. Can’t put pictures in so can’t show you the box I have. But the others in the house work fine except the ones I’ve had or been getting to pin point the issue.

0 Kudos

-- cannot put pictures in While "replying", you should se...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Matthew439 -- cannot put pictures in

While "replying", you should see:

Capture.JPG

You can click on the icon for the "camera" to insert an image into the "body" of your reply.

0 Kudos

Have you tried taking one of the known working boxes in t...

rstra
Grand Master

@Matthew439 Have you tried taking one of the known working boxes in the house and connecting it to the outlet in the room having problems? 

0 Kudos

Yes I have, and they worked fine. So somethings a hiccup...

Matthew439
Grasshopper

Yes I have, and they worked fine. So somethings a hiccup with the ones I’ve been getting

0 Kudos

The box I have looks like this one I grabbed from google

Matthew439
Grasshopper

5D4D2D4F-70B5-4169-92FA-4441FA706228.jpegThe box I have looks like this one I grabbed from google

0 Kudos

Ya the outlet should be fine. The boxes are just getting...

rstra
Grand Master

@Matthew439 Ya the outlet should be fine. The boxes are just getting old and it might be tough getting a refurb that works. 

0 Kudos

-- your box seems to be the one on this Shaw web-page.

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Matthew439 -- your box seems to be the one on this Shaw web-page.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help