Yes, but idk why it says no pvr I can record episodes and...

Matthew439
Grasshopper

Yes, but idk why it says no pvr I can record episodes and such. So anyways yeah, the sound finally came back but the recordings are messing up still and such. So who knows what’s going on

0 Kudos

The model in the link provided is not your model, you lik...

rstra
Grand Master

@Matthew439 The model in the link provided is not your model, you likely have the DCX3400 or 3510, could be a bad hard drive.

0 Kudos

--  So who knows what’s going on As I wrote "a month ago"...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Matthew439 --  So who knows what’s going on

As I wrote "a month ago" (see the previous page in this thread), the disk-drive inside the PVR is failing to record, and/or failing to play from a recording.

If the "same-model" replacement PVRs from Shaw are not working, either look online, e.g., www.used.ca (for your region) to find an Arris Gateway PVR for a low price. The seller may have switched to Shaw. Or, contact Shaw, and get them to "rent" (at a net price of zero/month) the BlueCurve TV box -- it records to the Shaw "cloud", rather than to a local disk-drive.

0 Kudos

Just this weekend I got two recording failures that my PV...

AJ51
Grasshopper

Just this weekend I got two recording failures that my PVR reported as "Broken". Both were long programs so I checked it by recording a different event that was as long but no problem there so I think that rules out a hard drive problem. STRANGE!5DC3B683-0957-42E7-AFC7-4AA4927DACF3_1_105_c.jpeg

0 Kudos

-- have you ever tried using a pen to write on a piece of...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@AJ51 -- have you ever tried using a pen to write on a piece of paper? Most of the time, it works. But, if you try to write over a greasy-spot on the paper, you cannot "record" to that area.  The similar thing could be happening to your PVR, if there is a "bad" area on the internal disk-drive. When the PVR tried to record, the recording was not successful. Having just one bad area implies that your other recordings are OK. Your PVR may "randomly" select two distinct areas on the disk-drive, if you are simultaneously trying to record two programs.  So, one recording could be OK, while the other recording has "failed".

Watch all your recorded programs, and then contact Shaw, to get them to either replace the PVR with an identical model, or to upgrade to get the newest PVR, which records to the Shaw "cloud", rather than to a disk-drive inside the PVR.  Of course, an upgrade may cost you some more, but it should bring peace-of-mind to you.

0 Kudos

I have an Arris DCX3510-M PVR,and have been having a prob...

Mike12345
Grasshopper

I have an Arris DCX3510-M PVR,and have been having a problem recording on one station,39,the sci-fi channel. I tape ST Voyager on Thursdays to watch on the weekend,and I find the PVR does not record shows on 39,although other programs are recorded okay on the CBC channel (Nature of Things) and on PBS (Nature). The ST Voyager recordings I did 2 weeks ago were recorded successfully ( 3 back to back episodes),while the 3 recordings from this past Thursday showed up as recorded,but just show a black screen that does nothing when "play" is pressed. Shaw is sending a tech up in a couple of days,the third time in the last few months. Previous visits saw the tech replace all the cable connectors between where the cable comes into the house and my PVR. The last tech put an amplifier on the line. Not sure what the next tech will do. Give me a new PVR? I am not holding my breath.

0 Kudos

Similar to what's happening on our PVR. Hit and miss when...

bobbycare
Grasshopper

Similar to what's happening on our PVR. Hit and miss when it actually records properly. Otherwise, it just hangs or starts a show without sound and skips and sometimes the show is all pixelated so you can't watch it. I've already started recording the show twice on different channels if I can find it, sometimes different days. It didn't even record Monarch Episode 3 on Fox and so far I haven't been able to find it so we can watch it. 911 on Fox hasn't been recording properly, either. The other bad part is that when it doesn't record properly, it's the same crappy recording on On Demand and on Amazon Prime. What's that all about? Why are my crappy recordings on On Demand and on Amazon Prime?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help