PVR records wrong show

Jillaine
Grasshopper

I have been waiting for this show to be aired for a few months. A special series. It’s the right channel. It’s the right time. But what was recorded was a different show altogether. There aren’t any replays either. This isn’t the first time this has happened. In addition, Shaw recordings are pixelated and sound / picture warps .... what is my next step? A return to Telus?! 

Labels (1)
3 Replies

-- what was recorded was a different show Sometimes, the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Jillaine -- what was recorded was a different show

Sometimes, the TV channels do not tell the providers of the content of the Shaw "Guide" of a schedule-change. So, the information displayed in the "Guide" does not get updated. Can you retrieve the episode on your computer from the web-sites (CBC? CTV? Global? CityTV?) or for free from the "Shaw On Demand" service?

> Shaw recordings are pixelated and sound / picture warps .... what is my next step?

Rather than posting to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, I recommend that you contact Shaw Support, because you have a "signal strength" problem. Currently, online chat (www.shaw.ca/chat) has priority over telephone (1-888-472-2222).

When you are connected to a Shaw Agent, ask the Agent to remotely logon to your Shaw PVR, and for them to view the "signal-strength" reaching it.  Same thing for your cable-modem -- they can remotely logon to that device, too.

0 Kudos

ok I will call shaw re pixelation issue. in regards to th...

Jillaine
Grasshopper

ok I will call shaw re pixelation issue.

in regards to the recording ..... i strongly suspect this is a shaw issue as the content was widely publicized and definitely is recording a different channel potentially a different time zone. Disappointed. I will have a look at other resources as suggested. Personally, I feel that blaming the content providers isn’t a great customer service  move. 

0 Kudos

--  I feel that blaming the content providers isn’t a gre...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Jillaine --  I feel that blaming the content providers isn’t a great customer service move. 

I am only telling the truth. Since I am not employed by Shaw, and nor do I work for Shaw, I cannot speak for Shaw Customer Service.

When you click the "Info" (or "Details") button for the recorded program, does it show the channel, date, time, and description of what you expected to record, or does it show all the details of what it did record?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help