Recording multiple TSN channels

Courtenay2
Grasshopper

Is anyone having trouble recording multiple TSN channels at same time re the Australian Open?  One channel will record fine, but the next one will record for only one hour and the third one, not at all.  If we set up series on one channel and it shows multiple red dots, and try to set the second TSN Australian Open channel as a series it won’t go and it often deletes the original recording set up.  Lately, the recordings finally set, one for the whole 6 hours and the second for one hour, the second one will cut off after a minute or two.  Frustrating?  Are we asking too much of the tech?  Is this a TSN problem because all the shows are named Australian Open although they’re different feeds hence different games on each?  Thx, Community

Labels (1)
7 Replies

-- do you have a much-older PVR? Such boxes can only reco...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Courtenay2 -- do you have a much-older PVR? Such boxes can only record two programs at once. The newer Gateway PVR, and the BlueCurve, have more tuners.

Are you recording to the disk-drive inside the PVR? Is it getting full? Are you recording in HD, or in Standard Definition? (SD recordings consume less storage than their HD versions.)  How old is the PVR?  It is possible that the disk-drive is failing -- some bad "sectors" on it cause the recording to fail.

Are you recording to the BlueCurve's "cloud"? Is that feature available where you are living?

0 Kudos

Hi,  The Blue Curve recorder is new and we make sure we’r...

Courtenay2
Grasshopper

Hi,  The Blue Curve recorder is new and we make sure we’re aren’t even close to full and that no more than 6 recordings at once.  They’re all HD and yes to the cloud.  TSN is looking into it, as well.  J

0 Kudos

Same issue is happening with me and Wimbledon! Super anno...

DrCarter
Grasshopper

Same issue is happening with me and Wimbledon! Super annoying. 

-- same issue Same questions: Do you have an older PVR,...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@DrCarter -- same issue

Same questions:

1. Do you have an older PVR, or the Arris Gateway, or the BlueCurve?
  2. On the older PVR and the Arris, is the disk-drive inside the PVR close to full? On those PVRs, how old is the unit? Its age infers the age of the disk-drive, which may have been manufactured with only a 1 or 2 year warranty, and the disk-drive may now be "showing its age".
  3. How long is each match? A 5-setter can take many hours to determine a winner. Since it is a "live" program, does your PVR offer to "extend" the recording beyond the scheduled time? Are you "losing" the recording of the 5th set?

I am having the same problem.  My problem is that I recor...

Babs1961
Grasshopper

I am having the same problem.  My problem is that I record Wimbledon on TSN 5, but when I go to watch it, TSN 1 has recorded.  I have missed the matches at Wimbledon that I have wanted to see.  

0 Kudos

For 2022 Wimbledon, the system is working.  We can record...

Courtenay2
Grasshopper

For 2022 Wimbledon, the system is working.  We can record two (and possibly more) TSN channels broadcasting Wimbledon.  The only difference on our end is we have a new PVR, internet based.  J

0 Kudos

When I've had recording issues with BlueCurve TV, I typic...

Zeph
Grasshopper

When I've had recording issues with BlueCurve TV, I typically do a 'System Refresh' first, and then do a 'Restart' second. You can find this by pushing the 'Shaw' button on the BlueCurve remote, select the gear on the far right (which now brings you into 'Settings')... scroll down to 'Help' (which brings you to 'Tools'), and there you'll find both 'System Refresh' and 'Restart'. Doing this has worked for me. I typically do a 'System Refresh' once a week, while the BlueCurve set-top box will restart at your prefered scheduled time (Default setting is from 2:00am to 4:00am), which can be changed to a time you prefer.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help