So interesting results. If you try to record anything fro...

Bestv8er
Grasshopper

So interesting results. If you try to record anything from the guide that is a regular program you get the options as shown in that instruction. However when I try to record the jets game I get « just this game, Winnipeg jets, Toronto maple leafs » as my options... and if I select Winnipeg jets it does not give me the option to record only on this channel in HD.

Can someone else try this to see if I am missing something.

0 Kudos

I've combined your thread into this thread as it concerns...

shaw-valerie

@dtereck I've combined your thread into this thread as it concerns the same topic.

@Bestv8er Our technical teams are currently investigating into this issue, BlueCurve TV series recordings for sports are based on the team rather than channel, which is why you're not seeing the same recording options for those programs as with other programs you have setup to record. Presently, the only workaround for this would be to set a one-time recording for any games which are set to record on an incorrect channel. Likely the quickest way to accomplish this is to just scroll to TSN3 in the guide, and record any Jets games that aren't flagged as being recorded. (You can use the FFW key on the remote to advance the guide in 24-hour increments to save having to press the arrow key to scroll through in 30min increments) 

0 Kudos

Thanks. I did see this additional thread after I had post...

dtereck
Grasshopper

Thanks. I did see this additional thread after I had posted my question, but didn't know how/if to move it to another thread. In any case, I sure hope the technical teams can help with this. Including an option to include the channel you want to record your sports team on would be one solution.  Or another would be to record ALL instances of your sports team, no matter what channel it is on. It is less of a problem to have duplicate recordings than it is to have missed a game (by only get the "blacked out" channel).

In the mean time, I will continue to manually set up every Jets game <sigh>.

Agreed on this with the above poster... sigh. The Winnipe...

Bestv8er
Grasshopper

Agreed on this with the above poster... sigh. The Winnipeg jets series with the leafs is set for series record..... on TSN2 which is the leafs TSN channel. But it will be blacked out so my series record would be a scoreboard. I manually added the TSN3 recordings for the series, but this is not a maintainable solution. Please find a better one soon Shaw.

0 Kudos

I, too, have been extremely frustrated by this (and it ha...

J15-2
Grasshopper

I, too, have been extremely frustrated by this (and it happened again to me tonight). I hardly ever watch anything live as I like to skip through the terrible and repetitive ads. Like another user commented, Shaw needs to add an option where you can choose the channel to record on. Even selecting the network does not work, as it often picks the opposition team's home network which is blacked out for us. The problem this year with the Jets playing in the North Division is that all of our competitors are on one of the SN or TSN channels so this happens a lot. The workaround is fine as long as you remember to check regularly.

We have a similar problem.  When we have our BlueCurve TV...

NeedSports
Grasshopper

We have a similar problem.  When we have our BlueCurve TV Player Wireless 4K set to record all Oilers live games but it is hit and miss as to whether we get the Edmonton broadcast crew or the broadcast crew from the opposition city.  Is there any way to select the channel you want?

0 Kudos

This has been happening to me all season. I set up my pre...

Angryfan
Grasshopper

This has been happening to me all season. I set up my pre arranged recording. I come home and find game was on the other channel.  Happened tonight with the jets game. I have to be home when the game starts. I called shaw and was given no reason for this continual problem. 

Could some please explain what is the work around or at least admit this is happening. 

0 Kudos

Hey Angryfan,   As mentioned earlier in the thread, it is...

shaw-don

Hey Angryfan,

As mentioned earlier in the thread, it is something we are looking into, however the only work around at the moment is to set a one time recording for the event on the channel you want it recorded on. 

0 Kudos

I know this is an older thread, but it’s still an issue....

DavidP2
Grasshopper

I know this is an older thread, but it’s still an issue. If I set it to series record a specific team it will automatically pick the 4K channel. The recording will then not be viewable on any 2K TV or the Blue Curve app. 

0 Kudos

-- in what area are you living that you can get 4K record...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@DavidP2 -- in what area are you living that you can get 4K recordings from Shaw?

P.S. Do there exist "2K" TV sets, other than "Full HD" resolution -- 1920 horizontal pixels ?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help