Recording Sports (specifically Winnipeg Jets)

Bestv8er
Grasshopper

So I set up a recording for the Winnipeg Jets on TSN3... or at least what I thought was TSN3. If there happens to be a game where the Jets play a team that has a Sportsnet broadcast on, it tries to record it on Sportsnet. BUT the game is actually blacked out, so my recording is of a scoreboard screen 😞  Is there any way that I can force my record settings to only record on TSN3?

Labels (1)
21 Replies

Better read this: TSN Regional Blackouts TSN3 Features W...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@Bestv8er wrote:

Is there any way that I can force my record settings to only record on TSN3?

TSN Regional Blackouts

TSN3
Features Winnipeg Jets games and the Jets games will be blacked out for customers outside of Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Northwest Ontario.

Here's the whole NHL blackout thing explained: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/about-nhl-blackouts/ta-p/5209

0 Kudos

Recording hockey games - get wrong channel

dtereck
Grasshopper

Hi. I LOVE the idea of being able to tell the DVR to record all Jets games. But it doesn't work the way I expect it to. For me, most games are televised on TSN3 (Ch213), but some are recorded on Sportsnet West (Ch202).  Most of the time the guide shows the games being broadcast on both those channels. But when that is the case, the Sportsnet West channel is blacked out.  The problem is that the automatic recording mechanism on Blue Sky for recording the Jets games defaults to Sportsnet West (probably because the channel number is lower?), so my recording is just of the blacked out telecast, so I don't get the game recorded.  My workaround has been to manually set the recordings for every game to record it on TSN3.

So, am I doing something wrong?  Or is there a way to tell it to record ALL channels that the game is on? Or maybe to tell it to default to TSN3 (since most of the games are on there)?

Any help appreciated.

Thnx

0 Kudos

I don’t think you understood my question. I am in Winnipe...

Bestv8er
Grasshopper

I don’t think you understood my question. I am in Winnipeg, this is not a blacked out game for me on TSN. The problem is the system is trying to record the game on Sportsnet, where it IS blacked out for me. My only option for recording is to record Winnipeg Jets, but I can’t specify the channel, so if the game shows in the guide both on Sportsnet and on TSN it tries to record it on Sportsnet.... which is blacked out for me.

I don't understand why you can't specify what channel you...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

I don't understand why you can't specify what channel you want to record. What if you wanted to record " Seinfeld " - it's on about half a dozen channels every day. If this is another BlueCurve thing then I may never get rid of my Gateway system. 

0 Kudos

I guess it is a Bluecurve thing :-( Thanks for at least r...

Bestv8er
Grasshopper

I guess it is a Bluecurve thing 😞 Thanks for at least responding. Wonder if any Shaw people will respond to this.... it really seems like a bad option not to be able to specify the channel you want to set the recording for....

So how do BlueCurve users record shows ???? Do you just u...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

So how do BlueCurve users record shows ???? Do you just use the voice command option and say " Winnipeg Jets hockey - Monday night - 6 pm " and it chooses what channel to record ???? Is there no way to use the on-screen guide ( I'm assuming BlueCurve has one but now I'm not sure ) to manually set up recordings ???? If so - this is a major " swing and a miss " for the BlueCurve. 

0 Kudos

Record from the guide or do a voice search and record. Th...

rstra
Grand Master

Record from the guide or do a voice search and record. The recordings can be set to the particular channel you set the recording from or you can select HD, which could take it from another channel. 

0 Kudos

Sorry but unless I am totally missing something I don’t s...

Bestv8er
Grasshopper

Sorry but unless I am totally missing something I don’t see the  options you mention.

i originally hit the record button when I was in the guide on TSN3 (jets host channel) and the options I get are Airing Type, Channels, Save, Keep, Start and Stop. Under channels the options I have are HD preferred or SD preferred. No option for a specific channel. I am using cloud recording from a Xi6 box.

0 Kudos

Hmmm. Here are the Shaw instructions, it should show up....

rstra
Grand Master

Hmmm. Here are the Shaw instructions, it should show up. Recording via voice have fewer channel options.

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/how-to-schedule-a-recording-with-bluecurve-tv/ta-p/5189#serie...

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help