Rogers or CityTV

wynford
Grasshopper

I don't know if this is a Roger thing or a CityTV thing... as of Feb 5/2024, you need a TV package to login to watch CityTV on demand. I do not have a TV package as I stream only. I can watch CityTV live, but not on demand. With CTV and Global, it's just the opposite, I can watch on demand the next day, but not live, which I have no problem with and prefer. There are a few TV shows that I watch on CityTV, but being able to watch only live and not always home, I miss the shows that were on demand. Why did Rogers or CityTV go this way?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

You don’t subscribe to Rogers TV service so you would nee...

rstra
Grand Master

@wynford  You don’t subscribe to Rogers TV service so you would need to contact CityTV  

0 Kudos

wrote:  I do not have a TV package as I stream only. I ca...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wynford wrote:  I do not have a TV package as I stream only. I can watch CityTV live, 

Without a TV package, how do you watch their "live" programming?  By streaming it from their web-site?

With CTV and Global ... I can watch on demand the next day, but not live 

Are you streaming the programs via their web-sites, or via Shaw On Demand ?

0 Kudos

I watch through the apps on Amazon Fire stick.

wynford
Grasshopper

I watch through the apps on Amazon Fire stick.

0 Kudos

I've emailed CityTV and as before when I have emailed the...

wynford
Grasshopper

I've emailed CityTV and as before when I have emailed them, no response.

0 Kudos

-- are you paying $4.99 per month to subscribe to "CityTV...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wynford -- are you paying $4.99 per month to subscribe to "CityTV+" ?

That will give you full access to their video-on-demand library, on your computer, and probably also through your Amazon Fire Stick.

0 Kudos

Plus $9.99 per month for Amazon Prime... I refuse to pay...

wynford
Grasshopper

Plus $9.99 per month for Amazon Prime... I refuse to pay $4.99 to watch CityTV on demand when CTV and Global offer on demand for free. Rogers is just money hungry. I'm a senior, living on 2 pensions and every penny saved makes a difference.

Prime Video: Help

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help