I do not have any series recording on a schedule, but I h...

spiritwest
Grasshopper

I do not have any series recording on a schedule, but I have had some future recordings randomly cancelled - in the PVR history they usually show as "recording cancelled by the system", and there was no reason for them to have not recorded...

0 Kudos

Does this tend to happen on the same channel or...

shaw-valerie

@spiritwest Does this tend to happen on the same channel (or channels) or to a specific program? How often would you estimate this is occurring? 

0 Kudos

This occurring every day now for the past three weeks.  W...

spiritwest
Grasshopper

This occurring every day now for the past three weeks.  We have recorded Queen of the South for the past three weeks and have had to watch it on VOD, because the channel (CTV Drama - formerly Bravo) is so broken up. On CNN we have not been able to watch it all week  It has also occurred on Discovery, Starz (although not quite as bad) Showcase (which just gave me a message that I was not subscribed, but I am subscribed), CTV Sci-Fi, and some others.  

0 Kudos

> This happens once in a while randomly.  On my very-old...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> This happens once in a while randomly. 

On my very-old PVR, I can access its Settings, access "PVR", and access "PVR History".

I can see why an episode has not been recorded, e.g., "schedule change", or "was a repeat".

Can you do the same on your newer-generation PVR?

Also, it could be possible that the length of some other scheduled recording changes, such that the PVR cannot record your show, because it is already recording two other "higher-priority" shows (on other channels).

0 Kudos

It sounds like the issues that you're seeing with recordi...

shaw-valerie

@spiritwest It sounds like the issues that you're seeing with recording are actually due to the issues that you're seeing with channel reception, and once those are resolved, I would anticipate the issues you're seeing with recordings on those channels would be resolved as well. 

0 Kudos

Of course my recording problems are due to the horrible p...

spiritwest
Grasshopper

Of course my recording problems are due to the horrible pixelation and sound dropping that I am experiencing - do you think I am stupid?  It has now been going on for almost two months and just gets worse.  The only channels that seem unaffected are the local HD channels and the 4 US Networks. This will clear up for around two days at the beginning of the week, and by Tuesday night it's back to unwatchable.

This is doing this on both my TVs - one with a PVR and one without a PVR. Both are on two different connection and both are having problems with the same channels - I am paying for these channels and have not been able to watch them reliably for 2 months now. Recording them is also useless as this just records the poor unwatchable quality. I want this fixed without my having to do all the troubleshooting with unhooking and re-connecting cable connections etc. (which from what I have read on the thread regarding reception issues - that is not the problem)  And because it is more than one TV on two separate connections, and it will clear up for a day or two, then it is not likely to be those connections anyway!
I have also spent far too long waiting for chats, on hold wating to speak to someone - my time is also valuable.  
I do not have Bluesky or Gateway boxes as many others seem to, so it is the signal coming into the house that it the problem. And my internet also has interruptions that last for 1 to 10 minutes.

0 Kudos

No it is pretty random - we have checked our future recor...

spiritwest
Grasshopper

No it is pretty random - we have checked our future recordings and they were listed, but just didn't record...

0 Kudos

I am having this same problem. Random episode cancellatio...

JackBee
Grasshopper

I am having this same problem. Random episode cancellations of series recordings. I now check each week ahead to make sure the planned recording isn’t cancelled. The episodes are listed as new. When I look ahead to my future recordings, I can see the one that has the stripes through the red dot. I can go in and select “record this program” and it records. Has been happening for years. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos

-- Could it be from us unplugging the power cable from th...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@matth33 -- Could it be from us unplugging the power cable from the wall for the cable box every night, and plugging it back in every morning?

Doubtful. The "guide" should repopulate within an hour or two after "power-on" -- in plenty of time for an "evening" recording.

On my much-older PVR, I could check "history", and sometimes saw "program not recorded due to a schedule change".

0 Kudos

-- I am having this same problem.  Which PVR do you have?...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@JackBee -- I am having this same problem. 

Which PVR do you have?

What show were you trying to record?  In the summer, there are very few "new" shows.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help