It’s an older PVR, but this has been happening for the li...

JackBee
Grasshopper

It’s an older PVR, but this has been happening for the life of it. There are plenty of new shows running.

0 Kudos

My PVR has always been a pain.  Blue Curve.  Now it no lo...

Kentmiddlemiss
Grasshopper

My PVR has always been a pain.  Blue Curve.  Now it no longer records the shows the following day.  So today, it shows no series recordings etc for Friday when there are a few.  Tomorrow it will say no recordings on Saturday and so on.  This has been happening since their last software update on March 13 which they did to my PVR when I was having other problems with it.  We have rebooted the box from my end and theirs and the Shaw techs have NO CLUE how to correct this.  I even have an unused box and swapped that in and no fix.  Shaw is baffled.  Telus I hear is a nightmare too, but maybe less of one?  Insane how there is no fix for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  If there was REAL competition in Canada, Shaw would be gone within 1 year.  I hope they don't allow this merger because we are getting screwed here.  Rant over!

0 Kudos

Give us some titles that aren’t recording, all my series...

rstra
Grand Master

@Kentmiddlemiss Give us some titles that aren’t recording, all my series recording are working fine. Have you tried deleting the recordings and re-setting them.

0 Kudos

Yes we have tried that - thank you for the suggestion.  R...

Kentmiddlemiss
Grasshopper

Yes we have tried that - thank you for the suggestion.  Re-recording it on that day used to fix it and now that doesn't work either.  We have deleted various recordings and re-trying and they all show up except the day after the current day.  the pvr will NOT tape a series recorded show that is occurring the next day regardless of the title.  Cool pic by the way 😉

0 Kudos

OK folks we have a fix.  It was the box itself.  Shaw ins...

Kentmiddlemiss
Grasshopper

OK folks we have a fix.  It was the box itself.  Shaw insisted that it couldn't be the box because everything is in the cloud, BUT it is not.  The actual recordings are on the specific hard drive on your box.  So, I changed out the box and whammo the future series recordings all came back.  The only drawback is that I lost existing recorded shows, but you can always make note of those and watch them anytime as we all know.  So, don't let shaw tell you it's not the box.  If you are having consistent PVR issues it IS THE BOX and simply get a new one.

Thanks for the update. The XB6 are all on the cloud, but...

rstra
Grand Master

Thanks for the update. The XB6 are all on the cloud, but you must have the XG1v4, which is cloud and hard drive. Glad you got it fixed, you might catch some of your lost shows on demand. 

0 Kudos

This exact same thing keeps happening with both myself an...

Caro2
Grasshopper

This exact same thing keeps happening with both myself and my mom.  It's been going on for some time now, with individual episodes of a series recording not taping.  If you check in advance, that episode will have a red line through the red recording dot and you have to press the rec. button on remote for it to record.  If you don't check in advance, episode will not record.  It's very frustrating!

0 Kudos

I have this happen all the time on Channel 50 - MSNBC - n...

vinividivici
Grasshopper

I have this happen all the time on Channel 50 - MSNBC - no matter if it is set to this channel only or "all channels" - I have to check every day to see if the system has suddenly set itself to Do Not Record.  No matter what I do it keeps deciding to do this - even if it is OK in the morning it suddenly decides later to not record it.....  Arghhhhh

0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing how you got the issue resolved! It may...

shaw-darren
Shaw Squad

Thanks for sharing how you got the issue resolved! It may not always be the right fix for everyone, but it's a good suggestion that may help some customers!

I want to encourage customers to chat with our Technical Support team about these issues; even if they've been unable to fix it in the past. When addressing ongoing problems they will look at other options, such as escalating complicated issues, swapping out equipment or sending over technicians. We also get internal updates about known issues, so new information may be available to the Tech Support agents. 

I'm happy you were able to get everything working though. That must be a big relief! 

I appreciate you staying involved in our community, Kentmiddlemiss! 😁

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help