What do you have your screen saver settings at, under dev...

rstra
Grand Master

What do you have your screen saver settings at, under device settings?

0 Kudos

isn't it great to see shaw service never answering their...

dude3469
Grasshopper

isn't it great to see shaw service never answering their questions??? having same problem this past month, its sept 2021 thats over 6 months this problem has been occurring, screensaver comes on randomly, its freaking annoying, considering cancelling tv service totally its that annoying

0 Kudos

try to go on your settings and device and screensaver and...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

try to go on your settings and device and screensaver and turn it off.  

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/bluecurve-tv-settings/ta-p/6179#content-section-2

0 Kudos

or elect 5 hours, sorry no turn it off option.  my bad

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

or elect 5 hours, sorry no turn it off option.  my bad

0 Kudos

I have the same problem. It seems as though Shaw has not...

Mila4
Grasshopper

I have the same problem. It seems as though Shaw has not answered anyone in this string with a solution. The upper limit in preferences should be more than 5 hours. But even with it set at that limit, the screen saver often comes on after less than an hour. Surely by now someone has figured out a solution.

0 Kudos

-- It seems as though Shaw has not answered anyone in thi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Mila4 -- It seems as though Shaw has not answered anyone in this string with a solution.

What sort of "solution" do you seek? Several "bypasses" have been posted.

This site is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, with participants volunteering their time & expertise. It is not a path to Shaw Support.  Please contact Shaw Support, at: Contact Information & Hours of Availability | Shaw

That page includes an "888" (toll-free) telephone-number.

0 Kudos

Every once in a while SHAW decides to force screensaver o...

dude3469
Grasshopper

Every once in a while SHAW decides to force screensaver on everyone, once again they have done this again THIS WEEK> everyone unsubscribe and switch service.Shaw/Rogers is ridiculous, PUT a fecking off option on the screen saver!~

I realize Telus is just a clone of Shaw/Rogers but if it takes switching service to get shaws attention EVERYONE DO IT.

0 Kudos

wrote force screensaver on everyone ... However, I have n...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dude3469 wrote force screensaver on everyone ...

However, I have not noticed such an affect with my Shaw TV subscription.  So, it is not "everybody".

Do not forget that most subscribers have a "two-year Value Plan" contract with Shaw, that will incur $20/month "cancellation" fee, for each of the remaining months in the contract. So, "unsubscribing" has a financial cost.

Which Shaw PVR do you have?  There may be configuration/programming differences among Shaw's supported PVRs.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help