Jump to solution

Set recording time to stop 5 mins past schedule

dtereck
Grasshopper

Hi.  Is there a way to modify the recording time for a series so that it extends 5 mins (or less) past the scheduled time for the show.  The shortest extension I can get is 30 mins!  That is way longer than I want/need. I regularly record shows that extend past their schedule by about 1 minute, and I would like to be able to set the recording to extend that extra minute or two.

Is there a way to do this?

Thnx

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Thankyou.  These options (3, 5, 30 minutes late) DO show...

dtereck
Grasshopper

Thankyou.  These options (3, 5, 30 minutes late) DO show up on some of the screens where I am modifying (or creating a new) a series. But not all.

The reason I was having a problem was that I had created a series recording, for one hour (as per the guide), but have found that the show runs a minute long almost every episode. So, I went to the scheduled recordings, found the program I wanted to change, selected it, selected the "modify" option, specified for all episodes, and then the recording options for stop time only gave me 3 options: 30 mins late, 1 hour late, or 1:30 late.  So this screen doesn't have the same options as some of the others.  I'm sure you're techies would want to know about that inconsistency.

Anyway, I got the 3,5,30 minute options when I went to recordings screen (pressing the Shaw button), and then going to "scheduled", and then selecting my specific program, and then scrolling way to the right to get to the "Series Info" menu item, In that screen, when I modified the recording options, I was able to see the 3, 5, and 30-minute options.  So, I've selected the 3-minute option, and it looks like it worked.

So thankyou! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jump to solution

When scheduling a series recording, you will have the opt...

shaw-valerie

When scheduling a series recording, you will have the option to stop the recording on time, or 3,5 or 30 minutes late. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thankyou.  These options (3, 5, 30 minutes late) DO show...

dtereck
Grasshopper

Thankyou.  These options (3, 5, 30 minutes late) DO show up on some of the screens where I am modifying (or creating a new) a series. But not all.

The reason I was having a problem was that I had created a series recording, for one hour (as per the guide), but have found that the show runs a minute long almost every episode. So, I went to the scheduled recordings, found the program I wanted to change, selected it, selected the "modify" option, specified for all episodes, and then the recording options for stop time only gave me 3 options: 30 mins late, 1 hour late, or 1:30 late.  So this screen doesn't have the same options as some of the others.  I'm sure you're techies would want to know about that inconsistency.

Anyway, I got the 3,5,30 minute options when I went to recordings screen (pressing the Shaw button), and then going to "scheduled", and then selecting my specific program, and then scrolling way to the right to get to the "Series Info" menu item, In that screen, when I modified the recording options, I was able to see the 3, 5, and 30-minute options.  So, I've selected the 3-minute option, and it looks like it worked.

So thankyou! 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help