Jump to solution

Shaw Box 4k box RF to IR mode?

Not applicable

Recently upgraded TV and internet and cable boxes were upgraded with a bluesky remote. The cable boxes seem to be operating at RF with the remote. I'm wondering if it will work with IR remotes? The model is the AX014AN. Really am trying to use my universal remote to control my home audio system or else this kind of ruins it. Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Shaw Box 4k box RF to IR mode?

Not applicable

It's a Comcast platform so I added the device as a Comcast XG1, but you can also use Pace PX001ANM as well.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Jump to solution

shaw-tamara

Hi  

The BlueSky boxes will only work with BlueSky remotes, so unfortunately you won't be able to use a universal remote instead. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

Simply an untrue answer from shaw-tamara. Our main 4K DVR is being controlled by a Harmony Elite and I have URC MX-990s for each of the portals. Out of the box, Bluesky hardware should support both RF and IR. There is a setup command to enable IR for Xfinity boxes but it shouldn't be needed for Bluesky as my experience is that Shaw has enabled both protocols oob.

Jump to solution

Not applicable

That's great to hear. I've given up ever since the first answer. Do you mind telling me how you got it working with your elite?

Merry Christmas! 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

It's a Comcast platform so I added the device as a Comcast XG1, but you can also use Pace PX001ANM as well.

Jump to solution

philoshafiz
Grasshopper

Hi - I was recently gifted a Harmony Hub. Everything is setup great including my google home except for BLUESKY! It's extremely irritating. I've looked through the forums and tried to set it up as a Pace, Comcast, Arris, etc. using several different model numbers to see if would work, but no such luck.

I've read to turn the box to a IR from RF, but I cannot find that command anywhere on the Bluesky options in the settings. Can someone help me here to make this switch? Is there a better model to set this up under. My bluesky box is model AX014ANM. Is there some kind of step by step guide someone can direct me to? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

Just set this up and I'm very grateful you replied. Everything works great. Cheers and happy new years 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

I used the model Comcast XG1 as Johnnycanuck has said above and everything works great. I suggest you make sure your hub or ir bug is pointed directly in front of the shaw box as that is what I did 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I used the pace with mine.  Min order for it to work you...

St1
Grasshopper

I used the pace with mine. 

Min order for it to work you need to turn the rf off on the blue sky box.  Hold setup button on the remote until green lite comes on 

now rf should be off and you can use the harmony

i have the harmony hub and place in front of my blue sky box 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

None of the above are working for me. This is so frustrat...

JLRedmond
Grasshopper

None of the above are working for me. This is so frustrating. I have the XG1-V4A. 

If this won't work with harmony, I simply will need to switch to Telus. This is a deal breaker.

I have tried the remote or green light thing. Tried pace, Comcast, Xfinity, etc.

Anyone else have any ideas?

TALK TO US
We're here to help