Shaw channel transitions to HD

Not applicable

Shaw transition to MPEG4. Just spotted this: 

Launches

CPAC HD will launch on F2 T2, BBC Canada HD will launch on F2 T5, Independent Film HD will launch on F2 T11, and TSC HD will launch on F2 T20. All signals will launch in MPEG-4 on October 16, 2018.

World Fishing Network HD, Dejaview HD, GSN HD, WSBK HD,
KTLA HD, PBS Spokane HD, Documentary HD, PBS Buffalo HD, and Miracle HD will launch in MPEG-4 on F2 T18 on October 16, 2018.

ONE HD, Investigation Discovery HD, Nickelodeon HD, AMI TV HD, Disney Jr. HD, MTV2 SD, Makeful HD, Vision HD and Vintage SD will launch in MPEG-4 on F2 T22 on October 16, 2018.

All I can say is "Please!" Esp. BBC Canada (which has no alternatives). 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: Shaw channel transitions to HD

Not applicable

that is from Shaw Broadcast services and they have always had some hd channels that shaw cable does not carry

0 Kudos

thejets
Grasshopper

Do you not mean shaw direct show cable never adds anything 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

That is true. It reflects a new satellite and the multi-year conversion of SD programming to HD. Which is great. Shaw is making big moves to catch up Rogers & Bell/Telus. The trouble so far is that these converted-to-HD channels have yet to show up on Shaw Cable, which itself just underwent years of digital conversion. And it isn't a few channels. Its actually quite a substantial number, almost everything that is SD-only on Cable now. 

0 Kudos

thejets
Grasshopper

So what your saying if you want more hd channels you have to go shaw direct i don't think you will ever see that on shaw cable there in the stone ages  once my contact is up i'll be moving on from shaw cable as i would like more hd choices 

0 Kudos

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

if you want more HD, you have to get Shaw direct or Telus or Sasktel in Saskatchewan which I am going to next year once i can afford my contract buyout.  

0 Kudos

thejets
Grasshopper

Thats what i will be doing myself once my buyout drops a bit more going to buy it out and go to another provider which will be bellmts  which offers more  hd choices 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help