Shaw seems unable to provide replacements for their equipment when it wears out

JamesFC
Grasshopper

I have been a Shaw customer since 2010. On December 21st my HD PVR (which I purchased outright when I became a Shaw customer) died and I found myself unable to watch TV. On Dec 22nd, I went online and contacted an agent via the Shaw chat and ordered a replacement. Then nothing. On the 28th I contacted Shaw via chat and was told that something went wrong with my order. The agent cancelled my original order and then re-ordered a new one and said I should receive it in two days. Again, nothing happened.

It is now 4 Jan and I am still without a working Shaw box. I have been waiting in the queue on both the chat and on the phone for some time.

I understand that things get busy over the holidays but this is ridiculous. If Shaw does not have the PVR in stock, they should at least tell me so and offer some sort of a solution (ie an alternate box). 

I must admit, this has me wondering why I should continue to give Shaw my business in the future.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

My son is still waiting for his Christmas present mailed...

rstra
Grand Master

My son is still waiting for his Christmas present mailed one province over on December 20th, mail is slow. Did they give you a tracking number? Also, if your box fails, you should arrange for a service call and the technician will just bring one. 

0 Kudos

That’s unfortunate.  I had a similar problem a few months...

Spatch
Grasshopper

That’s unfortunate.  I had a similar problem a few months back with my main PVR box failing.  After troubleshooting through Shaw live chat the rep confirmed the box was pooched and ordered a new one for me.  This was on a Friday.  I received a new box via courier two days later on Sunday.  That’s been my experience with Shaw broadly speaking:  efficient at resolving my problems.  Obviously this hasn’t happened in your case but I hope you get it resolved soon.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help