Just curious, was the rep from Belize for cable or intern...

rstra
Grand Master

@appleMacTech Just curious, was the rep from Belize for cable or internet support (or both)?

0 Kudos

This started happening again today (January 11th, 2021) a...

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

This started happening again today (January 11th, 2021) at about 11 AM, exactly one week after it began on January 4, 2021. Every few minutes no matter which channel we watch -- ON EVERY SINGLE HD AND NON-HD CHANNEL -- the sound drops out, the picture freezes and/or breaks up and becomes pixelated, then it goes back to normal. It is completely intermittent, no pattern to it whatsoever.

I called Shaw technical support by phone and was told at first that there was a technical support wait time of two hours and five minutes, then I was asked if I wanted a call back within "30 to 45 minutes" so I said yes. I got my call back 40 minutes later - "this is your Shaw call back..." - and I ended up waiting on hold for 45 minutes with NO response from anyone at all. So I just finally hung up (which I think is pretty much what Shaw wants you to do nowadays, they just prefer that you wait long enough so that you eventually hang up).

What is the sense in offering people a call back when the call back system doesn't work? I am currently on hold on my cell phone now trying to get an answer on why this is happening.

What in God's name is happening to this company, where is your technical support? It is completely non-existent. Why does this pixelation/freeze/audio problem keep happening? Earth to Shaw, earth to Shaw, come in Shaw, do you read me [...no we don't]...

0 Kudos

Did you ever get this problem resolved? We are experienci...

questo
Grasshopper

Did you ever get this problem resolved? We are experiencing exactly the same thing on Salt Spring Island, except after the dropped sound and/or pixellation, our picture freezes -- the the screen goes black -- then it comes back, usually within a minute, and sometimes takes a while to resolve to normal signal. This started several days ago infrequently, but has gotten steadily worse. We did all the home-fix procedures we can, didn't help. 

0 Kudos

Shaw Total TV Freezing/Pixelating Audio Cutting Out again...

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

Shaw Total TV Freezing/Pixelating Audio Cutting Out again, all night (Feb 1, 2021) on all channels in North Vancouver. This is becoming more and more frequent, how about some answers Shaw? Is this what we have to look forward to from Shaw now?

Also North Vancouver, same problem. It's happening with e...

DXER
Grasshopper

Also North Vancouver, same problem. It's happening with enough regularity I keep wondering if it's my new TV or Shaw. appleMacTech's message tells me its Shaw. Was happening last night too, although we were watching PVR recordings. 

0 Kudos

Happened to me tonight here in Vancouver. Couldn't go mor...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@DXER wrote:

Also North Vancouver, same problem. 

Happened to me tonight here in Vancouver. Couldn't go more than 10 minutes without a short video breakup and then jumping ahead about 30 seconds or so. All 3 shows ( Sportsnet Central at 6:30 pm on Sportsnet Pacific HD, Brain Games at 8 pm on National Geographic HD and Weakest Link at 10 pm on CTV HD ) were recorded on the PVR and then watched so I'm not sure how these shows would have looked if they were watched live. 

0 Kudos

-- how about some answers Shaw? This is a peer-to-peer di...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@appleMacTech -- how about some answers Shaw?

This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not a direct path to Shaw support, although a very few Shaw employees (Valerie, Tony) do participate.

Instead, scroll-down to the bottom of this web-page, and click the "Your Voice" hyperlink, to make contact with Shaw.

Also, see: RESOLVED which states:

Affected Area: Surrey (Tynehead)

Affected Services: Internet, Business Internet, Phone, Business Phone, Digital TV, VOD, Gateway, BlueCurve TV, WiFi Access Points

Reference Number: INC0903988

Summary: Some customers in the Tynehead area of Surrey are [are] experiencing an interruption to Internet, Television and Home Phone services.

We are working to restore service as quickly as possible

and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Live Updates:

02/01/2021 10:02 PT This issue has been resolved,  Thank you for your patience.
02/01/2021 07:02 PT Technical crews are dispatched to arrive on site to investigate this matter.
02/01/2021 06:54 PT We're looking into it. Stay tuned for updates.

0 Kudos

"This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not a direct pa...

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

"This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not a direct path to Shaw support, although a very few Shaw employees (Valerie, Tony) do participate. Instead, scroll-down to the bottom of this web-page, and click the "Your Voice" hyperlink, to make contact with Shaw."

Thanks for that

"Affected Area: Surrey (Tynehead)"

This is North Vancouver, not Surrey.

Very interesting how Shaw quickly fixed our "Amazon.ca e-mail not arriving in our Shaw e-mail account for 8 days problem" after posting in this forum a few days ago. I do believe that Shaw sees these posts more than the average person realizes.

0 Kudos

-- this is North Vancouver, not Surrey. Note that  wrote...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@appleMacTech -- this is North Vancouver, not Surrey.

Note that @bostonbob wrote "Vancouver".  So, maybe that posting by Shaw did not fully describe all the parts of Greater Vancouver that were affected ?

Without "insider knowledge", one does not know whether direct contact(s) with Shaw Support triggered the remediation, or whether it was a Shaw employee lurking on this peer-to-peer discussion forum that triggered it.

0 Kudos

I got the same problem during peak during evenings, calle...

Moggar1979
Grasshopper

I got the same problem during peak during evenings, called Shaw countless times and wait times to get through it ridiculous, once my contract is up I’m cancelling and going with a competitor, never ever again will I use Shaw 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help