Shaw Total TV Freezing/Pixelating Audio Cutting Out

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

This started on Monday Jan 4th, 2021. We have never had these problems before with Shaw although I have seen them happen numerous times with Telus.

Every few minutes no matter which channel we watch -- EVERY SINGLE HD AND NON-HD CHANNEL -- the sound drops out, the picture freezes and/or breaks up and becomes pixelated, then it goes back to normal. No pattern to it at all, it is all random.

I called Shaw Tech Support on Jan 4th, 2021 and requested a call back, was told I would get one in 35 to 45 minutes. Waited 7 HOURS and did not receive a call back at all, period.

Yesterday, Tuesday Jan 5th, 2021, the problem seemed to resolve itself.

Today, Wednesday Jan. 6th, 2021, the problem is back as of 10:00 AM. WHAT is happening? I have unplugged our box, done all the necessary steps to no avail (I am a certified computer tech). This problem is obviously originating on Shaw's end.

Labels (1)
37 Replies

Come on, come on, come on Shaw. How about some technical...

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

Come on, come on, come on Shaw. How about some technical support?

Right now, my wife and I are trying to watch one of the most important and surreal events (storming of the Capitol Building in Washington, DC) that has ever happened on this planet since Sept. 11, 2001 and your service keeps freezing/pixelating/audio dropping out on us.

Where are you people?

Hey Shaw how about dealing with this problem. THis proble...

Cruiseguy
Grasshopper

Hey Shaw how about dealing with this problem. THis problem over the years comes and goes.
IT is NOT a problem on us as customers end as there are so many people having the exact same problem.
The Shaw website says Good news! There are currently no service outages. Can I ask who you are kidding here.

Currently there is a 1.5 hour wait for tech support.

I think it is time to ask for a credit for the non service. If all customers did this then maybe you would be quicker at fixing the problem.

Similar issues experienced by us today.  I had to fall ba...

thebigf
Grasshopper

Similar issues experienced by us today.  I had to fall back to our basic box to get any reception on several channels.

0 Kudos

Disgusting, unknowledgeable tech support farmed out to ha...

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

Disgusting, unknowledgeable tech support farmed out to half way around the world, it has become non-existent. Who cares, certainly not Shaw once they've got your $$.

0 Kudos

-- Disgusting, unknowledgeable tech support farmed out to...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@appleMacTech -- Disgusting, unknowledgeable tech support farmed out to half way around the world

When I have telephoned Shaw Support, the first response is something like "this is Justin in Nanaimo" -- clearly giving their first-name and their location. The location has always been a Canadian town/city -- even as far away as Moncton.

So, unless the Agents have been instructed to falsify their location, I cannot accept your conjecture about their location.

> my wife and I are trying to watch one of the most important and surreal events ...

At that time, did you try using a computer to connect to www.cbcnews.ca and "watch live" the CBC's coverage? CTV? Global?

0 Kudos

> So, unless the Agents have been instructed to falsify t...

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

> So, unless the Agents have been instructed to falsify their location, I cannot accept your conjecture about their location.

Who the heck are you? When I called Shaw Tech Support just before Christmas to solve problems related to our change in services, the first tech support agent I spoke with was in BELIZE (formerly known as British Honduras -- a Caribbean country located on the northeastern coast of Central America). The second tech support agent I spoke with was in ONTARIO (where there is no such thing as Shaw). The third tech support agent I spoke with was in MANITOBA (where there is no such thing as Shaw). And the fourth tech support agent I spoke with was once again in BELIZE. With over two and a half decades of experience in the computer business under my belt, I _always_ make conversation with the people who I talk to and _ask_ them where they are located. I also always get their employee names and Shaw ID numbers.

> At that time, did you try using a computer to connect to www.cbcnews.ca and "watch live" the CBC's coverage? CTV? Global?

Why the heck should I have to do that considering what I pay Shaw every month to be able to sit in the comfort of my own living room and watch my favorite shows?

Sorry Grand Master, you are way off your rocker. Come here to help, not criticize please. I've seen way too much of this happen in these forums over the years.

So now -- where is my answer from Shaw Tech Support?

Actually, Shaw is in Manitoba and a small part of Ontario...

rstra
Grand Master

Actually, Shaw is in Manitoba and a small part of Ontario. I have also heard that Shaw has reps in Belize, which is disappointing. Even Canadian reps that are not in Shaw’s service area are not that helpful, I think it is important to at least use the service that you are supporting,

0 Kudos

According to Wikipedia: Shaw provides home telecommunicat...

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

According to Wikipedia:

Shaw provides home telecommunications services "primarily" in Alberta and British Columbia.

Shaw also operates "smaller" cable television systems in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Northern Ontario.

Shaw Communications Wikipedia 

Whatever "smaller" may be, obviously the "larger" (and main) being British Columbia and Alberta 🙂

0 Kudos

You can just view the services updates page for the list...

rstra
Grand Master

You can just view the services updates page for the list of towns that Shaw provides service.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help