Sometimes a show suddenly and quickly rewinds all the way to the beginning when using FF or RW.

DGittins
Grasshopper

Sometimes when I'm fast forwarding or rewinding a show, the show suddenly and very quickly rewinds all the way to the beginning of the show. 

When this happens, I can see the scroll bar move to the left far more quickly than even the "Lightening" rewind. That is, 2 hours will rewind in about a second. I have to then fast forward manually to find my place in the show. This happens when I am watching a hockey game and I might rewind a bit to watch a replay, or when I FF through a commercial. It doesn't always happen - it's only once or twice during a game, but there's no unusual key entry on the remote control that I'm aware that I might be doing. 

Thanks for any suggestions!!

Labels (1)
8 Replies

I have the same problem. It only seems to happen when wat...

bataltab
Grasshopper

I have the same problem. It only seems to happen when watching sports. I have tried using different remotes and still have the same problem.

0 Kudos

It happened three times watching the Canucks game last ni...

DGittins
Grasshopper

It happened three times watching the Canucks game last night. Very annoying!

0 Kudos

We have the same problem when watching golf.  We’ll be 3...

SandyDebolt
Grasshopper

We have the same problem when watching golf.  We’ll be 3 hours in and then it just randomly rewinds to the beginning.  We’ve contacted Shaw and always have the same steps (reboot, disconnect cable, unplug etc.). We even swapped the TV boxes from one room to another with no solution. We are using the wireless TV boxes.  We also get some times when the TV will just black out and we have to restart.  

0 Kudos

This happens on our Shaw equipment too.  Very annoying; v...

kenohrn
Grasshopper

This happens on our Shaw equipment too.  Very annoying; very occasional. 

0 Kudos

Curious, is the recording finished or is it still in prog...

rstra
Grand Master

@SandyDebolt  Curious, is the recording finished or is it still in progress when you begin playing?

0 Kudos

It for sur happens when the recording has finished.  Can'...

SandyDebolt
Grasshopper

It for sur happens when the recording has finished.  Can't recall if it happens when it's still recording.  However, as with others, it can happen 3-4 times during the playback and at very random times. Definitely a bug that needs to be fixed.

0 Kudos

It happens on both completed recordings and those in prog...

Dave_Wpg
Grasshopper

It happens on both completed recordings and those in progress.

0 Kudos

Hey Shaw support. How about an answer here, please.

DGittins
Grasshopper

Hey Shaw support. How about an answer here, please. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help