Sound has been cutting out all day.  Super aggravating -...

FrustratedSigh
Grasshopper

Sound has been cutting out all day.  Super aggravating - on Tsn at the moment.

0 Kudos

Are you seeing issues with picture as well, or only audio...

shaw-valerie

@FrustratedSigh Are you seeing issues with picture as well, or only audio? Does this affect other channels, or just TSN? What troubleshooting steps have you tried already?

0 Kudos

Many channels, picture freezes occasionally.  Have unplug...

FrustratedSigh
Grasshopper

Many channels, picture freezes occasionally.  Have unplugged and rebooted router twice and have unplugged to reboot all the bluesky boxes which freeze up anyway when left alone for a week and have to be rebooted to wake them up again.

0 Kudos

My main BlueSky box is not having any problems but the sm...

Randor10
Grasshopper

My main BlueSky box is not having any problems but the smaller bedroom box has this audio problem all the time. The audio will cut out for 1-5 seconds every couple of minutes. Sometimes as often as every 30 seconds. Sometimes every 10-15 minutes. It is sometimes preceded by a couple of seconds by a flicker on the screen. The flicker almost warns you that the audio is about to cut out. 

Extremely frustrating. Ready to rip the Shaw box out of the wall.

0 Kudos

We've noticed it on CNN all day - two of the three TVs (e...

farfal54
Grasshopper

We've noticed it on CNN all day - two of the three TVs (each has a different cable box)

0 Kudos

.. Just the CNN audio - getting all garbled or cutting ou...

farfal54
Grasshopper

.. Just the CNN audio - getting all garbled or cutting out completely periodically.

0 Kudos

--  two of the three TVs (each has a different cable box)...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@farfal54 --  two of the three TVs (each has a different cable box)

What 3 boxes? Which 1 worked?

0 Kudos

The newer PVR didn't seem to have a problem - the other t...

farfal54
Grasshopper

The newer PVR didn't seem to have a problem - the other two - an old standard cable box and a PVR - sound kept cutting out.  On the older PVR, if you hit the quick rewind button, it would fix it for a while.

0 Kudos

-- My main BlueSky box is not having any problems but the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Randor10 -- My main BlueSky box is not having any problems but the smaller bedroom box has this audio problem all the time. 

My guess is the WiFi signal reaching the pod in the bedroom is weak, and that causes the intermittent problem.

What is the distance between the pod and the BlueCurve?

How many walls between the two devices?  Walls can reduce the signal-strength?

Experiment: if you temporarily move the box (and a TV) one room closer to the BlueCurve, is it any better?

0 Kudos

-- The newer PVR didn't seem to have a problem  Experimen...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@farfal54 -- The newer PVR didn't seem to have a problem 

Experiment: if you temporarily swap the location of the PVR and one of the other devices, does the problem "stay" with the device, or does the problem "stay" in the same room?

My oldest PVR is showing signs that the internal disk-drive is failing -- because it is always recording, to make the "rewind-a-multiple-of-15-seconds-to-go-back" button work, the disk-drive is getting slower -- not all "writes" to it are completed in the normal time (a few milliseconds). That elapsed time gets extended by 10 to 100 times, and the PVR "pauses" while it is waiting for the "write" operation to report completion.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help