-- Most of the people with Blue Sky in Calgary experience...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MikeK1 -- Most of the people with Blue Sky in Calgary experience the same problem all the time as I do.

Really? I would think that the majority of BlueCurve customers in Calgary do not have any problems, and thus never feel a need to post here, as being a "squeaky wheel".

> It has been a problem with Shaw for a long. 

Tell us your hardware:

• BlueCurve modem?
  • TV connected to a BlueCurve "portal" or to the "base" unit?
  • Manufacturer and model-number of your TV?
  • BlueCurve connected via HDMI to an A/V receiver, or BlueCurve connected via HDMI directly to your TV?
  • using the TV's internal speakers, or the speakers connected to the A/V receiver, or a wired (or Bluetooth?) sound-bar?
  • only on one TV channel (CBC? CTV? Global?), or on all TV channels?

Having good information may lead to a good answer.

0 Kudos

Happens to us as well.  It has been intermittent but stil...

Stampey
Grasshopper

Happens to us as well.  It has been intermittent but still happens more often than not.   Unfortunately I am on contract until Jan. 2021 and Shaw hasn’t been able to fix anything.  Very unfortunate as I have been paying for a service that should be superior.   I don’t even watch cable anymore because of this.   Very sad. 

0 Kudos

Many TVs and sound bars have audio sync delay settings th...

rstra
Grand Master

Many TVs and sound bars have audio sync delay settings that you can look for. 

0 Kudos

Same problem here.  Never had this problem with Telus but...

RRose
Grasshopper

Same problem here.  Never had this problem with Telus but we won't go there.  This audio syncing problem exists with Netflix as well as regular programming.  Shaw just expired my $35 discount and I want to be compensated for this substandard service that I'm paying an exorbitant price for.  There should be a government entity that will actually police the service we pay for and ensure that these big companies do not keep degrading their service at more cost to the consumer.

0 Kudos

Have had this problem in North Van for some time.  It is...

doug1941
Grasshopper

Have had this problem in North Van for some time.  It is minimized by setting audio output on 4K box to STEREO.  Great unless you have 5.1 surround system.  Streaming services and digital video files played through TV are fine.  Problem is in Shaw box or in their feeds.  Time for the Shaw techs to put on their big boy pants and address the problem.

0 Kudos

No problem on my 5.1 system. Have you tried some of the s...

rstra
Grand Master

No problem on my 5.1 system. Have you tried some of the suggestions in the article below?

https://www.lifewire.com/audio-video-synchronization-in-home-theater-1846820

0 Kudos

I originally had this issue when I first got the BlueCurv...

stormdragon
Grasshopper

I originally had this issue when I first got the BlueCurve XI6-A box and made the audio change in the box to Stereo which corrected the issues.

However, a couple of days ago, without changing anything, I am now getting the audio sync issue regularly.

• the box is XI6-A
  • the TV is Sony Bravia XBR-49x800H (android)
  • it is a direct connection from box to TV via HDMI cable (no additional hardware, such as sound-bar, attached)
  • all channels and recordings have the issue

I have noticed if I use the Shaw remote and turn the TV off and then back on (not the power all button), the issues for the live TV and recordings go away for about 5-10 minutes before eventually returning.

As others have said, this only started happening when I got the BlueCurve boxes...with my old Shaw gateway system I never had this issue.

0 Kudos

If there is a game mode setting, try turning it off. Also...

rstra
Grand Master

If there is a game mode setting, try turning it off. Also, set the audio mode to standard and turn off things like intelligent volume, voice zoom, etc. The problem usually is that the TV can’t process the audio fast enough.

0 Kudos

I had this issue with my BlueCurve TV recently too -- Xi6...

srglassw
Grasshopper

@stormdragon  I had this issue with my BlueCurve TV recently too -- Xi6-A PVR and Sony Bravia XBR65X800H TV. After going through troubleshooting steps with Shaw and switching out the PVR the issue persisted. The audio lag was so severe that I paired a Bluetooth speaker with the PVR because I had noticed that there was no lag when using my Bluetooth earbuds and there was no lag on the Bluetooth speaker either.

This got me to thinking that the issue was maybe the TV and not the cable service. I went through all the troubleshooting steps for audio problems on Sony's website right up to the final step -- a factory reset on the TV. The factory reset on the Sony Android TV corrected the audio lag problem. I really hated to do all the setup of the TV again after the reset but, hey, it worked for me.

0 Kudos

We also have this issue with our system. We have a RCA tv...

wesleybrabant67
Grasshopper

We also have this issue with our system. We have a RCA tv, and right from the start...same Blue sky and everything. Weve been with Shaw since Dec 2019. Tires me that we pay so much for poor service

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help