Stopping a recording in progress

Cloudie
Grasshopper

I started recording a program but have decided I want to stop it but it won't let me.

Labels (1)
8 Replies

If you no longer wish to record the program, you can stop...

shaw-valerie

@Cloudie If you no longer wish to record the program, you can stop the recording and delete it by going to your PVR recordings and choosing the option there to delete. 

0 Kudos

Yes you can stop to delete it, but for example watching t...

Meat1978
Grasshopper

Yes you can stop to delete it, but for example watching the UFC tonight.  I want it to stop recording but not to delete.  I see no option for this.  Another thing that is very annoying is there is no skip fwd 30s or 1m or something like that.  Definitely preferred the options on a Telus remote. 

0 Kudos

--   there is no skip fwd 30s or 1m or something like tha...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Meat1978 --   there is no skip fwd 30s or 1m or something like that. 

As listed many times on this forum, the BlueCurve remote-control can be programmed to skip forward (on previously-recorded material) by 15 seconds, instead of the default of 5 minutes.  Or, just "talk" to your  BueCurve remote - "skip forward 30 seconds". Can a TELUS remote-control "listen" to your voice?

0 Kudos

The BlueCurve remote can be re-programmed to a 30 second...

rstra
Grand Master

@Meat1978 The BlueCurve remote can be re-programmed to a 30 second skip.

To adjust the skip length to 30 seconds: Press EXIT - EXIT - EXIT - 0 - 0 - 3 - 0 on the BlueCurve TV remote. Adjusted skip length will be 30 seconds forward and 15 seconds back on Live TV, PVR recordings and On Demand content.

IMO it should be set to 30 seconds by default.

I have the same problem with my arris 830pvr I wanted  to...

spudy
Grasshopper

I have the same problem with my arris 830pvr I wanted  to stop recording a sporting event that I had set to run 30 minutes past the scheduled time but I cant find an option to simply stop without deleting the program. Also will the box turn itself on to start recording or do I have to leave the power on in order for it to start up and record.

0 Kudos

--  will the box turn itself on to start recording or do...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@spudy --  will the box turn itself on to start recording or do I have to leave the power on in order for it to start up and record?

1. The Shaw PVR never turns itself completely "off".  It stops transmitting to your TV, but it is still 100% active, e.g., auto-recording the channel that you were watching. So, "wake" the PVR, and you can use the "skip backward" button to watch what was recorded when your TV was powered-off. 

You must disconnect the power from the PVR to turn it off.  Otherwise, it is just "waiting" for the next time-slot for any scheduled recording.

2. As others have said, select "My Recordings", and select what you are recording, and press the STOP button on the Shaw remote. This does NOT delete the recording.

0 Kudos

Directions for stopping an in-progress recording on your...

rstra
Grand Master

@spudy   Directions for stopping an in-progress recording on your Shaw Direct receiver can be found here.

https://assets.aws.shawdirect.ca/uploadedfiles/shawdirect/content/equipment/2014-08-01-userguide-hdg...

0 Kudos

Info on how to stop a recording that's in progress, ie: (...

Zeph
Grasshopper

Info on how to stop a recording that's in progress, ie: (Shaw BlueCurve TV), can be found here using these steps, courtesy of Xfinity.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-stop-a-recording-thats-in-progress

TALK TO US
We're here to help