Hi Rstra, yes I have tried expert mode and made sure I wa...

TWA
Grasshopper

Hi Rstra, yes I have tried expert mode and made sure I was on a channel that should be outputting DD.  I tried a few  crave movies that show the aD symbol and all I can get is Dolby surround.  I also just tried moving a different X1one into my home theatre room and I get the same results.  Thanks

0 Kudos

Have you tried using HDMI ARC from the TV back to your re...

rstra
Grand Master

@TWA   Have you tried using HDMI ARC from the TV back to your receiver? Which BlueCurve box do you have?

0 Kudos

Hi Rstra, thanks for your help. After reading the TVs man...

TWA
Grasshopper

Hi Rstra, thanks for your help. After reading the TVs manual on line I discovered that input 2 of an LG oled is the ARC input.  The on screen menu of the LG says all of the inputs do ARC.

When I switched the output of my AVR to this input I got Dolby surround from my app.  Previously I got none.  I then found I could no longer get a picture on my Shaw x1 one, just Dolby surround sound.

I rerouted the HDMI from the Shaw pvr to a different hdmi input on my tv (previously was in the cable/sat input of my AVR)and unbelievably I got a picture and Dolby Digital through the AVR.  So 🤞the problem is resolved.  Thanks again !

Sorry for butting in here shaw wouldn’t help me with this...

Jammie6912
Grasshopper

Sorry for butting in here shaw wouldn’t help me with this problem. Basically they in so many words said it wasn’t their problem. We are oldies here and all these words everyone is using might as well be foreign language, lol!!  Ours was working fine with the Blue Curve and our Sony Receiver and Samsung tv. Then we decided to try the new Fibre & Gig on a two year contract. I’m ready to tell them to come get all this stuff and bring back my old. It doesn’t matter what I watch, the voices is low and I can’t hear it but when there’s music it’s loud and drowns out the voices. I just don’t enjoy watching tv anymore. I was excited to get Disney + and I can’t hear what they say. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help