Jump to solution

Switching to new billing system. Are my Gateway recordings safe?

gfunk84
Grasshopper

I'm upgrading my internet to 600 which requires me switching from the old Shaw billing system to the new billing system and I'm changing from Personal TV to Medium TV at the same time. Apparently a service appointment is required when the XB6 and Gateway are both in use so that's booked (I'm not really sure why that's necessary either). 

Will switching from the old billing system to the new billing system require my Gateway to be re-provisioned or reinitialized, losing all my existing recordings? Or will they be safe after the billing system transfer?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Switching to new billing system. Are my Gateway recordings safe?

shaw-tamara

Hi gfunk84 

Your recordings shouldn't be affected when switching to the new billing system. It doesn't require reformatting the drive, so since you're keeping the same equipment it should be ok. The reason a technician is needed is because they need to ensure that the filters used for the Gateway are set up correctly and that they don't affect the signal XB6. 

The one thing that you do need to keep in mind when switching to the new billing system is that it won't transfer over any automatic payment information. If you have your account set up to bill your credit card or bank account automatically, you will need to go into My Shaw after the appointment to set it up again after the appointment is completed. If needed, you can find the steps for that on https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-1179 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jump to solution

shaw-tamara

Hi gfunk84 

Your recordings shouldn't be affected when switching to the new billing system. It doesn't require reformatting the drive, so since you're keeping the same equipment it should be ok. The reason a technician is needed is because they need to ensure that the filters used for the Gateway are set up correctly and that they don't affect the signal XB6. 

The one thing that you do need to keep in mind when switching to the new billing system is that it won't transfer over any automatic payment information. If you have your account set up to bill your credit card or bank account automatically, you will need to go into My Shaw after the appointment to set it up again after the appointment is completed. If needed, you can find the steps for that on https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-1179 

Jump to solution

gfunk84
Grasshopper

Thank you for confirming and the additional info. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tamara

You're welcome! Feel free to reach out to us here if you have any other questions  

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help