terrible customer service

mikejbc
Grasshopper

I called in to talk to someone in the billing department and they hung up on me.

Sadly this is not the first time that i have had really bad service from shaw. They have no respect or regard for 

their customers.

30 Replies

Re: terrible customer service

shaw-tony

Hey mikejbc, I am very sorry for the experience and would be happy to send the feedback to the agent's leadership team. I appreciate your time in reaching out, how can I help?

I've had a terrible experience so well. While attempting...

Joyce4
Grasshopper

I've had a terrible experience so well. While attempting to help a friend disconnect his cable service he was made to wait on hold 122min before hanging up - effectively ignoring his request. Then, messages were not being responded to. It seems unethical to ignore a customer's request to disconnect service.  When I asked for a  ethics contact that was ignored too!! 

I'm sorry to hear that you had experienced difficulty in...

shaw-valerie

@Joyce4 I'm sorry to hear that you had experienced difficulty in reaching us. While it is definitely not ideal, we do at times experience higher than normal volumes which can delay response to calls or messages. To disconnect an account, that request would need to come from the account holder, so I'd advise that your friend give us a call themselves. It's typically a more reliably shorter wait time to get through earlier in the morning if that's a convenient time for them to reach out. 

0 Kudos

Been a Shaw customer for at least three decades, which is p...

Chrisby
Grasshopper

Been a Shaw customer for at least three decades, which is plenty long enough to see technology changes. while I’ve had a few issues with faulty hardware and/or issues with firmware, etc, some of which were time consuming to resolve over the phone, or even required site visits to replace defective equipment, I’ve never had anyone drop the ball as you are describing. 

0 Kudos

your customer service sucks right now, i know it because...

martina1977
Grasshopper

your customer service sucks right now, i know it because of the virus but i cannot get anyone on your shaw chat and i am hearing impaired and cannot call in, you guys added crave today but its not working it says i have to subscribe i also order Hollywood suites and that email hasn't come on and i order it this time last night, i am getting annoyed and stressed out can someone please help me thanks

> I know it is because of the COVID-19 virus. Correct. >...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> I know it is because of the COVID-19 virus.

Correct.

>  I am getting annoyed and stressed out.

Take a deep breath. The world has changed, and it could be months before it returns to "normal".

I can imagine the Shaw employees are similarly stressed out.

> Can someone please help me thanks.

Do you live alone? If not, ask your room-mate to make the telephone-call to Shaw, from your telephone. At some point, Shaw will ask to briefly talk to you, to authenticate the call.  If you do live alone, ask a friend to come to your home, and make the telephone-call.

I remember a "Far Side" cartoon -- two vultures, sitting on a branch of a tree in the desert. One says to the other: patience my *ss -- I need to kill something.  An expression of frustration at the lack of food in the desert.

Meanwhile, disconnect the power-cord from your Shaw TV box, wait a few seconds, and reconnect the power-cord, and let the device restart. Then, try again to access CRAVE and HOLLYWOOD SUITES.

0 Kudos

I am so disappointed in Shaw! I have never had a problem...

Momdar2
Grasshopper

I am so disappointed in Shaw! I have never had a problem with them before so when I signed a 2 year contract I thought no problem.... the WiFi and tv would stop working several times throughout the day and it never got better! I think it’s shameful on their part to make me pay the contract off even though my cable and WiFi was unacceptable!!! Beyond disappointed in this company!

-- since you seem to be an ex-customer of Shaw, it's too...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Momdar2 -- since you seem to be an ex-customer of Shaw, it's too late to suggest that you contact Shaw (currently, online chat has priority over telephone) to get them to trouble-shoot:

1. problem with your computer's network adapter
  2. problem with the Ethernet cable from your computer to your cable-modem
  3. problem with your cable-modem's received signal-strength
  4. problem with the coaxial-cable from the cable-modem to the wall-port
  5. problem with the coaxial-cables inside your walls
  6. problem with a coaxial-splitter inside Shaw's "demarcation-box"
  7. problem with the coaxial-cable from that box to the telephone-pole
  8. problem with Shaw's infrastructure up-and-down your street

Sigh.

Shaw would have preferred to keep you as a monthly-paying customer, for more than the duration of your contract.

0 Kudos

I'm on disability and stated several different times all...

tina2004
Grasshopper

I'm on disability and stated several different times all I could afford was $100 a month. The customer service indivifual stated Oh we can offer you this and that to get it to $100. Unbenounced to me these changers only lasted a certain length of time and the bill crept up to $161. Furthermore, when I moved I got charged a whopping almost $400. I thought it was for returned equipment, which the technition took so I waited for the bill to go down. 2 months later I'm being threatened to have my service disconnected. And I got phone calls every day until my payment in full was processed online. I called and ended up in tears and found out the chargers were actually for the tweaking the customer service did to my bill to keep it down. Shady #*! business and harassment to a longtime customer who has never had a late payment. Thinking strongly about changing coumpanies after 25 years

TALK TO US
We're here to help