-- from their web-site: Xplornet offers voice and data co...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- from their web-site: Xplornet offers voice and data communication services through its unique wireless and satellite network that connects Canadians to what matters.

So, they also do "voice".

QED

0 Kudos

I should have said Xplornet doesn’t offer TV, I keep forg...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk I should have said Xplornet doesn’t offer TV, I keep forgetting that home phone lines are still a thing.

0 Kudos

-- I keep forgetting that home phone lines are still a th...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- I keep forgetting that home phone lines are still a thing.

They certainly are.

When one is far outside of the city, where POTS and DSL and cable do not reach, and there are no nearby cell-phone towers, then satellite is the only option for Internet and for telephone service.

0 Kudos

I am having trouble being angry because Shaw's customer s...

KyleRiley
Grasshopper

I am having trouble being angry because Shaw's customer service is hilariously bad. I left a phone number so they could call me when someone was available. I got called back by a bot and put on hold for 30 minutes. When I did get a rep, they new less than I did. Canada deserves better!

0 Kudos

I phoned Shaw for the fourth time today since December 31...

hcrowell
Grasshopper

I phoned Shaw for the fourth time today since December 31st asking for internet spending statements for the past two years. 

Today only: 1st had a rep from another country. I asked to be transferred to a Canadian rep and was told that could not be done. I called Shaw again and WAITED. Got through to a rep in Ontario who hung up. Called again and finally got through the third time to a Canadian rep. Was told that none of my previous requests (made on Dec 31, Jan 15, Jan 25 were in my file notes. Was told today that the statements for audit purposes would be prepared by Shaw and mailed to me. Once again, I won't believe this until I see it and will call AGAIN to confirm that my request is on file.

All I want is for a supervisor to call me asap to verify that my request will be fulfilled asap.

My husband was seriously thinking of changing our cell phone plans over to Shaw. No way in hell.

0 Kudos

If you are still a customer, you could login to my.shaw.c...

rstra
Grand Master

If you are still a customer, you could login to my.shaw.ca and get your monthly bills for the last two years.

I have been on hold after "callback" called after 15 mins...

Kevinrose
Grasshopper

I have been on hold after "callback" called after 15 mins saying I am "number one in line" and have been waiting 75 mins for service to pick up.  Please help me and others understand how this is possible.  Is this issue known?  I have been a loyal customer for 25 years at this address and this poor customer care has me feeling very frustrated.

0 Kudos

-- I have been waiting 75 mins for service to pick up.  P...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Kevinrose -- I have been waiting 75 mins for service to pick up.  Please help me and others understand how this is possible. 

Ever been to a STARBUCKS, and the only customer in front of you is trying to place a "complicated" order (expresso shot, flavour, decaf, foam, sprinkles) and then futzing in their wallet to find their loyalty-card and their debit-card ?  Even though you are "number 1" in the queue to talk to the barista, you just have to wait until that other customer has completed their transaction, even if it takes 7.5 minutes.

Also, with Shaw, the customer currently talking to the Shaw Agent might have a complicated problem that is taking a long time to resolve.

Also, that Shaw customer probably waited a considerable amount of time in the queue, before they reached "number 1", and then were able to connect to the Shaw Agent. In a "first-come-first-serve" model, they deserve to take all the time they need to get service, before you get service. A "first-come-first-serve" model is not used in a hospital's Emergency intake -- people are "triaged" (suspected stroke/heart patients go to the front of the line).

There have been times when I have needed less than 5 minutes of "talk-time" with a Shaw Agent, and times when it took 25 minutes. Hard to predict, and difficult for Shaw to schedule worker's shifts for the "right" number of employees for an "average" talk-time that can vary from 5 minutes to 75 minutes.

0 Kudos

Shaw is the worst company I have ever dealt with , if you...

unclestan
Grasshopper

Shaw is the worst company I have ever dealt with , if you have any sense at all do not join up with Shaw they get you in and then serve you like **bleep** ! No help when you need them and if you get frustrated they hang up ! Terrible Terrible Company 

0 Kudos

Shaw are transiting over to rogers and their customer ser...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

@unclestan 

Shaw are transiting over to rogers and their customer service are identical it pretty bad.  Hope you found a new compettion or tpia that uses Shaw lines.  like teksavvy or cik or lightspeed for less money for better service.  

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help