Terrible pixelation on CNN

budsgirl
Grasshopper

In Vancouver.  So bad we completely lose the CNN channel at times.  This happens frequently with CNN.

27 Replies

Re: Terrible pixelation on CNN

shaw-tony

Hey budsgirl,

I notice you made the same post here. As recommended, please try the troubleshooting steps here. If you notice issues continue to persist, your best bet is to touch base with technical support to help fix the issue.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

radar1
Grasshopper

I notice the same thing, and have tried the suggested troubleshooting methods

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey radar1,

Are you only noticing this issue with CNN only or are any other channels affected? Do you only notice problems with live TV or does it also affect PVR content? Keep me posted.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

radar1
Grasshopper

shaw-Tony, thanks for your reply. CNN is the only channel I experience this on a regular basis. I'm not sure what you mean by "Do you notice any problems with live TV? "

0 Kudos

budsgirl
Grasshopper

On CNN only.  Not sure what you mean - I have been watching CNN live when it happens ....  this is the only issue I have been experiencing lately.

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

radar1 wrote:

shaw-Tony, thanks for your reply. CNN is the only channel I experience this on a regular basis. I'm not sure what you mean by "Do you notice any problems with live TV? "

Hey radar1 - I would assume Tony is asking if you are experiencing this pixelation problem when you are watching CNN live or when you are watching something you recorded from CNN......or if it's both.

0 Kudos

radar1
Grasshopper

I generally do not record CNN but I will and let you know.

Cheers

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

radar1 and budsgirl thank you for confirming it is an issue with Live TV. budsgirl are you noticing pixelation on CNN with all your TV equipment/sets or just a specific one? 

Also to add, is this CNN HD? I will be setting a 24-hour recording on our test station. Let me know when you notice the pixelation or if it is just ongoing throughout the day so I may replicate this issue.

0 Kudos

gary_hall
Grasshopper

I've had the exact same problem here in Calgary for many months now (perhaps more than a year).  Occasional audio drops and pixelation on CNN HD.  I get it both watching live or recorded.  I don't have this problem on any other channel nor does the problem occur on the CNN standard def channel.  Only on CNN high def.  And I get the problem on both of my TV's.  I reported it to Shaw tech support about a month ago who were totally unhelpful -- they seemed to know nothing about it even though there have been numerous similar reports over the past year or 2.  I tried their standard remediation procedures (unplug, plug back in, etc) with no luck.  CNN HD was particularly bad tonight -- I needed to switch to CNN SD to watch it.  (maybe Trump is sabotaging it). 

I think there is some back-end technical issue that we're not being told about or that front-line tech support is unaware of.

Sure would like to get this fixed.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help