Re: Terrible pixelation on CNN

shaw-tamara

Hi gary.hall 

Unfortunately we haven't been able to replicate the issue here in the office and we aren't seeing any open tickets for this issue. At this point what I would recommend is contacting our technical support team when the issue is happening so they can verify it in real time. Our Live Chat team is probably the best way to do this - they're in the office every day from 7am to 10pm Pacific time. If it happens outside of those hours, we also have 24/7 tech support available by phone. You can find the contact info by visiting Shaw — Contact us  

0 Kudos

gary_hall
Grasshopper

Thanks Tamara, if budsgirl and radar1 are still monitoring this thread, it would be interesting to know what PVR model you have.  Both my TV's are on Motorola DCX 3400-m's.  I wonder if we have that in common.

0 Kudos

radar1
Grasshopper

Hey Gary,

I'm on blue Sky and still having issues. also I've noticed it on Sportsnet as well lately.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Occasional audio drops and pixelation on CNN HD.  I get it both watching live or recorded.  krogerfeedback I don't have this problem on any other channel nor does the problem occur on the CNN standard def channel.  Only on CNN high def.  And I get the problem on both of my TV's

0 Kudos

budsgirl
Grasshopper

I have a 3510 pvr.  

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Hi  

Just curious, what models are your cable boxes? Just trying to see if there might be a pattern of it affecting certain types of equipment. 

0 Kudos

budsgirl
Grasshopper

The replies in the thread indicate 3400, 3510 and Bluesky pvrs have experienced this problem 

0 Kudos

gary_hall
Grasshopper

TERRIBLE pixelation and audio drops on CNN HD right now.  Have to switch to CNN SD (channel 29) to watch.

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Hi everyone,

It looks like we had a recent ticket submitted for CNN HD video issues but it's been closed as resolved as of March 15. The notes indicate that our teams investigated and found there is an issue with the studio feed being blurry or breaking up intermittently, but since it's coming from the source it's not something we're able to fix on our end. We apologize for any frustration this has caused. 

0 Kudos

gary_hall
Grasshopper

Thanks for the update Tamara.  Was the ticket closed because it's something you're not able to fix on your end or was it closed because your upstream provider fixed the problem?  If the problem with CNN HD resides with your upstream provider, does that mean other companies such as Bell and Telus would have the same problem with CNN HD?  Or is this a problem with Shaw Direct satellite link if you get your CNN feed from them?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help