the "all power button" on my blue sky remote turns off the audio but not the TV

wharty
Grasshopper

5 Replies

Sometimes this happens when the remote, tv and terminal g...

rickatk
Master

Sometimes this happens when the remote, tv and terminal gets out of sequence. You have to get your gear back to a proper resting state. If your TV is off but audio is still on try pressing the tv button to turn the tv back on. Then after the TV is back on turn off by using the all power key.

sometimes this takes a couple tries.

Having the same issue, just paired my soundbar with the r...

Dab92
Grasshopper

Having the same issue, just paired my soundbar with the remote, "all power" turns off the soundbar, "TV power" turns off the TV. Nothing ever turns off the actual cable box it seems, I do have power save enabled. 

0 Kudos

--  Nothing ever turns off the actual cable box Correct....

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Dab92 --  Nothing ever turns off the actual cable box

Correct. It is waiting for the start-time of your next recording, and it is "buffering", to make the "rewind" function work.

0 Kudos

did you ever find a solution for having the "all power" b...

chris_s
Grasshopper

did you ever find a solution for having the "all power" button turn on/off the tv and soundbar? mine is doing the exact same thing

0 Kudos

-- the Shaw remote control must be programmed to send the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@chris_s -- the Shaw remote control must be programmed to send the correct signals to the TV to turn on/off the TV.  

There are many different TVs, each with its own code. So, the remote must send the correct code.

Quick answer: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/how-do-i-program-my-bluecurve-tv-remote-control/ta-p/6437

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help