Re: The recent Gateway Portable update is terrible

ggarnett
Grasshopper

I mean to say that "i agree TOTALLY that the removal of colour coding in the guide was a BAD idea."  

0 Kudos

Not applicable

This doesn't even surprise me anymore. Whoever approved the removal of the colour coding should be fired. Do you guys even do any real world user testing? And there are so many other things wrong with the Gateway that has persisted for YEARS and hasn't been fixed - like the power consumption issue, the "on/off/standby" button that doesn't do anything, no FF on VOD, search result showing all channels and not just the subscribed ones, the Live tv on the top right corner that doesn't go away, etc..

These issues have all been noted in the forums here and nothing has been done to address these user concerns. By the way, the way this forum is organized is a mess - perhaps indicative of the company itself: how the heck do the 7 different Categories and the 2 Sub Forums work together? Wouldn't it be less confusing to have the discussions separated by product such as Gateway, BlueSky, FreeRange TV, etc or would that make it too easy for your customers?

0 Kudos

Not applicable

I agree with the colouring and hope they improve that soon.

As for the update, I'm finding it's now error free compared to the hassles from the previous version that cost me several gray hairs.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Any further update to this? 

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Hello  ,

The colours in the guide were updated in the most recent firmware upgrade. You can find more information on that here https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-19280

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Thank you for the information.  I guess when the update occurred, the changes were so subtle that we didn't notice them!  I was hoping for a return to the old style guide with solid coloured boxes.  Disappointed with this.

0 Kudos

amnon
Grasshopper

Updated? Really? Oh, do you mean those extremely subtle and basically useless coloured lines on the grid?

PLEASE JUST CHANGE IT BACK TO THE SOLID COLOURING WE HAD BEFORE!!!

0 Kudos

Not applicable

There was one great feature added in the last update. Info button, closed caption on or off, without having to find it in the complicated and hard to access settings menu.  Thanks for that.

0 Kudos

What was the button combination? Please and thanks since...

Thisguy
Grasshopper

What was the button combination? Please and thanks since tech support have no clue that this even exists. What a waste of time calling them....

0 Kudos

-- the key combination for the Shaw Gateway: 1. Press INF...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Thisguy -- the key combination for the Shaw Gateway: 1. Press INFO. 2. select "enable Closed Captioning".

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help