The Weather Network not showing local weather

Johnstop
Grasshopper

After a severe storm in Winnipeg a couple of months ago, our power went out, when it came back, the Weather Network was no longer showing local weather like it was before the power outage.  We now get warnings and watches for other provinces but not for Manitoba, it doesn't make sense.  I checked this on my fathers TV in a different household and it has the same problem as mine.  Will or can this be fixed?

Labels (1)
2 Replies

Which cable box?

rstra
Grand Master

Which cable box?

0 Kudos

I'm seeing this currently on BlueCurve TV. From what I re...

Zeph
Grasshopper

I'm seeing this currently on BlueCurve TV. From what I recall, Shaw carried both the SD and HD feed of The Weather Network on BlueCurve TV... the SD feed was strictly Winnipeg, and the HD feed was the rest of Canada. Then it changed, the SD feed was dropped from BlueCurve TV and provided an HD feed of strictly Winnipeg. Now it has changed again, where the HD feed currently shows a list of places within Manitoba, and tends to give watches/warnings for various areas across Canada, but not Manitoba. I can only assume that when the latest switch was made as of this date, BlueCurve TV introduced The Weather Network App on-screen, where viewers can navigate their specific location within Manitoba (amongst other places across Canada and the world) and perhaps have that as a quick and instant source for weather information. I love the addition of the on-screen App, but I also prefered the specific detailed weather information for your exact location, where you're viewing from which included watches/warnings for your area.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help